Ever Seen One of These S.O.B's ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Seem's this bad boy was rolling down Veteran's Blvd.in N.Orlean's yesterday...
    Anyone ?
    Tell me why this is needed....[dunno]
    0505101017a%20(1).

2. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

good question, luckily i havent seen any of those buzzing around newengland

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Rescue my butt.

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Almost every burg has them. Even our little town has an old APC on wheels. I got a real good look at it at my bud's welding shop. They all have weak points. Reference: saw a German Tiger tank at Aberdeen Proving Grounds museum that had been stopped by a 30 cal AP round that burst a bearing on the front drive. The front of the tank had numerous rounds still embedded deep in the armor but that little round hit the right spot to imobilize it.

5. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

It's for Ted Nugent.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And this beast's weak spot is...??

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Have you ever been in New Orleans? Hell everybody living down there should have one, not just the cops. I worked in and around New Orleans for a couple of years, led the country for years in murder rate, one weekend I stayed over as I was to tired to make the five hour trip home, there were three cops killed in separate incidents during that weekend. Gang bangers ruled the streets. Afghanistan is safer than the 9th Ward. A lot of things happen down there that are not reported, the cops refuse to go in places without vehicles like that. I don't blame them. I am against the militarization of law enforcement, but the "Crescent City" needs to be cleaned up, and the cops, especially the Sheriff's dept.. employees who make less than people at McDonald's need to be protected.

ditch witch, Cephus and jungatheart like this.
  8. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

anybody from the motor pool here?

Somebody here has to recognize it? What about those wheels? Is this vehicle based on a Hummer drive train? It would also help to have some size comparison.

10. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

There is a local company that makes the smaller one. The truck that is in the last picture is based one the 5 ton drive train.

13. jungatheart

Damn, that thing's huge!

14. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

You Should see the MRAP Buffalo.

15. jungatheart

Sheesh!

buffalo_mrap_l5.

16. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Mobility.

I have experience with similar vehicles.

Any obstacle that would stop a normal 2 wheel drive pickup would stop this thing. Shallow trenches, 12 inch rocks, 10 inch logs, soft ground, etc. The weight of this thing negates it's 4x4.

Those tires will burn crazy hot if anything lights them. If one tire gets lit, there is no putting it out and the whole vehicle will burn.

If anything gets wrapped in the wheels (such as barbed wire fencing), it's not rolling anywhere.

I won't get into any ballistic impact limitations.

SS

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

what gets me (beyond the vehicles) is that now, there is yet anothe federal "police" agency with very broad powers and undefined goals....i mean, dont we have enough of the agencies?

Moatengator likes this.
  19. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Also looks like Oshkosh is part of this production. I wonder how much of the cost of these made it into union moneys and into the recall campaign and the presidential campaign.

I found one forum where the quantity orderered was over 2,700. Can't seem to find that in any press release or anything more reliable.

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That come's out to about 53 per state...counting D.C.
    But not P.Rico
    Wonder who would make such a LARGE order...Hmm...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7