Every Move You Make, Every Breath You Take - Amazon Doorbell and Your Neighborhood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Dec 23, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Get ready to be trapped in a song by The Police
    Every breath you take and every move you make
    Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you
    Every single day and every word you say
    Every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you

Oh, can't you see you belong to me...​

People are already happily paying Amazon and Google to listen in and even watch them inside their homes,now Amazon is getting ready to use facial recognition to monitor your street.

Now AI experts are bragging that they will soon be able to display our thoughts on a TV screen or monitor. Soon nothing you do, think or say will be private. The fruit of the tree of knowledge is not only bitter it appears to be poisonous as well.

I want my EMP and I want it now.

Amazon's Creepy Facial Recognition Doorbell Will Surveil Entire Neighborhood From People's Front Doors

"Amazon's Creepy Facial Recognition Doorbell Will Surveil Entire Neighborhood From People's Front Doors
    At first glance of Amazon’s new patent application, one would be tempted to think it no more than a built-in “smart” security system.

But no, this facial recognition surveillance doorbell does a lot more than record would-be thieves.

According to a new report, the patent application, made available in late November, would pair facial surveillance such as Rekognition, the product that Amazon is aggressively marketing to law enforcement, with Ring – a doorbell camera company that Amazon acquired in 2018.

CNN writes, “Amazon’s application says the process leads to safer, more connected neighborhoods, as well as better informed homeowners and law enforcement.”

Yeah, that’s one way of putting it. Here’s another:

Amazon is dreaming of a dangerous future, with its technology at the center of a massive decentralized surveillance network, running real-time facial recognition on members of the public using cameras installed in people’s doorbells. Jacob Snow, ACLU

Wow. Do you feel safer yet? ..." More at link​

More at link

Lancer, Bandit99 and Zimmy like this.
  2. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Black Powder Monkey

To paraphrase Dr. Seuss :
    "I do not like surveillance Sam I am"
    Andy

sec_monkey, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I should think that liberals should be more concerned about surveillance than conservatives .

Zimmy and sec_monkey like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

sec_monkey and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Geez, I guess it's good I don't have a doorbell... LOL!!!

EDIT: Thinking about this a bit more...it's really disconcerting. I think in the next 10 years we are going to see an explosion of tech like this. Lately, I have been looking into AI (Artificial Intelligence) and it also has me very concerned. I use to 'wrongly' believe that it wouldn't be possible for AI systems to go berserk but I didn't broaden my thinking enough. The problem is AI that writes its own code due to a set of parameters instead of millions of lines being written and proof by human programmers. This is where it can get dicey... There is a video from a University Professor that shows what self-learning AI drones are capable of and their intelligence is pretty limited but, nevertheless, extremely deadly. We are quickly approaching a ' Brave New World' whether we like it or not.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Zimmy and sec_monkey like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

well our cameras do not do that, jus sayin :) :)

techsar and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

No they should probably round us all up and put us in forced labor camps. Then we can all feel safe.

Zimmy, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Hmmm? Did Ted Kaczynski have a point?? Not the methods he used but the vision of a possible future.. One that his actions may have helped to bring into existence..

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I'll be jail so quick !! I see a sex bomb just walking by !!!!Poof the gasps from others reading my displayed thoughts !!!
    It's in my mind the rest of the body has a work to rule over the mind !! ..

Im thinking to add a bug screen to my cap when Im in the big smokes

Sloth

oldawg and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I only go out at night with IR floods facing out while I wear my Ghillie suit.

oldawg, Dont, Zimmy and 1 other person like this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Well no doubt your cattle now believe in bigfoot!!

sec_monkey likes this.
  14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

And the idiots are stealing the Ring door bells off of peoples' doorjams...

sec_monkey likes this.
  15. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

sec_monkey likes this.
  16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Strange, they've not got mine yet, the one on the Chimney for Saint Nick is safe

sec_monkey likes this.
  17. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Wonder if amazon makes that doorbells in china!

18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Next a camera drone lands on your house and finds a way to crawl inside .

sec_monkey likes this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The new tech
    No need when people will give you money for them and then set them up for you. Truly any phone, smart or not, can keep track of you and be operated remotely, so we are already there. They are just adding additional layers of surveillance,especially ones that can be used against you without those pesky warrants or possible privacy issues. You phone rats you out, then knowing what to look for they can use these new forms of surveillance.

Now they can prove I actually voted Trump and Mueller can use that one time I littered when I was twelve (the candy bar wrapper blew away before I could pick it up) to pressure me into testifying that I saw Trump use Russian dressing on his salad even though Ranch was readily available.

Mountainman, SB21, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7