Every Welder Evar, Mate!

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, Jul 7, 2023.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Mig, Tig or arc welding tips for the dedicated, hard working competent welders here ;)

natshare, Ura-Ki, Bandit99 and 3 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Why you have a boner for welders now?

3. chelloveck

My younger brother is a welder / boilermaker, He said the YouTube clip was 'harsh, but fair'. lol

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm going to share that video with my son, who wants to be a welder.
    Nice and funny, loved it

5. chelloveck

Every trade has its scallywag characters, and tricks and torments for the new apprentices...all in good fun. That guy has a channel of Youtube shorts on most working class occupations... :)

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hilarious:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I got a pretty good giggle outta that! Welding is the ONE thing I'm actually sorta ok at, so I tend to take it kinda serious, so this was pretty fun! Actually, I love welding, mastering new skills I can use in daily life,, what's not to love about that, and you can do some pretty amazing things your self once you master welding and not have to send stuff out, or hire someone to come out to you to do a simple job that you should be able to do yourself!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I never took a single lesson on arc welding, that wasn't OJT. As in, "Well, ya do this, then ya do this, and ya join the two pieces of metal together...." :eek::rolleyes:
    My stick welding was NEVER pretty.....but it sure as hell stuck two pieces of steel together, that wouldn't come apart! ;)

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've done quite a bit of welding with one of them cheap Flux Core Welders from harbor freight,, I've gotten OK with it ,, my biggest problem is knowing if I'm using to much heat , or my wire speed is to fast . But occasionally,, I'll get one of them professional looking welds that looks like a nice row of stacked dimes .

I've gotten around to installing a 50 Amp 220 volt plug out near my shop ,, so as soon as I get home and settled,, I'm gonna break out the Lincoln Buzzbox and start practicing with that one . I've got some heavier duty welding to do,, so it'll come in handy.

But that was an enjoyable video Chello ,, I could relate to some of it .

natshare, Ura-Ki and VisuTrac like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Several months ago I wired the old cracker box up to tack the expanded metal ramps on one of my trailers back down, man did I suck after a 10 year lay-off. Salute to your brother!

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I am a craptastic welder. I got my training under a gmc salt truck in the middle of winter as a high school coop student. Old geezer said seen that big crack? Here is a grinder, take off about 1 inch of paint front and back, use the edge to get a 45 angle into the crack as best as you can. With salt water raining down on me i did what he said. Then he showed me this stick welding thingy and said stich the crack together.
    I thought i was going to die. I didn't. weld looked horrible. But it worked.
    What i learned, old guys hate kids, also enjoy passing off shit work to kids, and a grinder can make a weld look better.

12. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

@VisuTrac , as I often say, the more the grind, the crappier the weld.....but if it ain't pretty, just put more paint on it! ;):whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

13. chelloveck

Or smooth the wrinkles/imperfections with putty... ;)

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've found if you take a side grinder with a 40-80 grit sanding disc , or a grinding wheel,,, you can knock the bubblegum down,,, and it looks a whole lot better.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Learn to gas weld with oxy/acetylene, it will make you aa better welder all around.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7