Everyday Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'Blades' started by ghostrider, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

What do y'all carry for an everyday knife, a pocket, or clip, and what kind.

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Strider SNG or SMF, with pocket clips although I have belt sheaths also. I also always have a Swiss Army Knife on me.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

At present I carry my Gerber folder with clip on the top of a pocket and have a Saber lock blade in the pocket. Once my CCP goes through figure will check to be sure it wouldnt be a problem and may start carrying a nice switchblade I have that looks about like a normal tactical folder anyway, its a pretty good knife just not worth the legal problems at present.

4. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

I carry a tiny Gerber Ridge everywhere (I have 2). I have several other pocket/clip and belt knives I use as the situation demands
    gerber_ridge_441.

5. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

A Benchmade 705 clipped to the pocket. I don't like the rattle it makes when anything else is in the pocket.

6. ghostrider

Which one's the 705?

7. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

This one.

It's the smaller version of the McHenry and Williams recurve (710). It has a 2.9" blade (Detroit has a silly law about 3" blades :( ) that really doesn't have a recurve.

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Clip- Kershaw Rainbow Leek.

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Kershaw here too....Black leek..

In my purse ...

10. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

It's very sexy when you talk that way :D [gone]

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Been alternating between a Strider SnG, GB and AL Mar S.E.R.E 2K the past few weeks.

I like the larger GB but it has a habt of taking up a lot of space in the pocket ;)

12. ghostrider

Axis lock, I've got a Griptillian.

13. ghostrider

I actually alternate fairly frequently, too. I have a Leatherman Micra on a lanyard with a 1AAA flashlight I carry everyday. Then, it will be the Griptillian, a Spyderco Endura, Kershaw Speed Safe, or a Gerber Harsey Air Ranger, that all depends on pants or slacks, mission for the day, etc.

14. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I carry a spyderco police clipped in my pocket and a microtech fiberlite OTF clipped in my shirt pocket.

15. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I added a Leatherman Surge today.

16. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I carry a very tiny Al-Mar blade that is less than 1 1/2 inches. Mostly because work says I can not have a blade more than 3"

My back up blade is a Spyderco Native II I believe which is also under the 3" law at work.

At home I carry whatever I damn well please.

17. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I just love that.... :D

[winkthumb] [applaud]

18. monkeyman

So you work for a company that makes gun parts that is so worried about people being armed they wont even let them carry a full sized pocket knife? :eek: Thats just sad from any company much less one in that field.

19. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

monkeyman I hope you were not referring to me? I work for the federal government at a hospital. They're just weird okay? :lol:

We don't make gun parts...(part of the hospital makes eyeglasses for 4 states though). :D

20. monkeyman

I was haveing a brain fart and getting you confused with our resident Sadlack worker. Case of crainial flatulance.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7