Everything I could possibly ever want or need at a fraction of the price

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oil pan 4, May 20, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I went to the local auction, mostly farm implement and tractors. But they had a little of everything. Cars, generators, atv, golf carts, propane tanks, tractor parts, building materials, metal roofing, fence, IBC totes, old metal pipe.

I could tear down the crumbling cinder block building on my property and some one would buy all the blocks with the mortar still stuck to them. I could take a stack of pallets there and sell them.

The only thing that didn't sell that I saw was a set of 8 fairly worn down old pickup truck tires.

I now also know what to do with all the junk I have collected from around our property. Next tractor auction I'm loading up my 8 foot wide 26 foot long trailer and off loading a few tons of junk. People pay good money for junk. At least what I would get at the scrap yard and it's 20 miles closer.

My work gives away free new IBC totes, old dirty ones go for 15 to 25 dollars I think I should find out how much new ones will go for.
    I might attempt to sell our 2001 VW but I would want to get at least $2000 for it, their fee is 10% and I don't know if they do reserves.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Ganado, Tully Mars, Alf60 and 3 others like this.
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

A tractor, with backhoe and FEL is in my future at some point.

Thunder5Ranch, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I still need a good log skidder! I missed out on a old 1986 Caterpillar grappler last time, the bid stalled and I was about to raise it when the hammer dropped! I guess I gotta turn up my hearing aids when bidding live! Lol!

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I used to take Various things to our auction lot and was always amazed at what folks would pay for what I considered to be junk. I always took a trailer full of hay or straw and always got a good price for it and a lot of people wanting my phone number to buy it direct. Cough............ Of course I have been know to drag home as much junk as I took :)

Ganado, Tully Mars, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Ohhh… I want a Skid Steer or a Backhoe (with a bucket, of course)… I cannot seem to find anything of worth... Maybe I need to look at these auctions. I see all kind of auctions in the local paper that comes out weekly.

Tully Mars, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Sometimes people just get wrapped up in the bidding excitement , which is why I believe people end up paying so much for some of that stuff. I know the guy that owns the local farm / tractor auction yard here. He also travels and performs auctions in other states. But some of those prices keep me from going to that auction that often. Me personally , I'd rather buy from an individual where id have more time to check out the equipment. I'm also looking for a backhoe , skid steer that I could get a hoe attachment for , even thought about a mini excavator , but I believe I'd still need one of the others if I had the mini ex.

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

There is a really good equipment auction every 4 months or so in Portland Or. and they always have good deals on stuff, only thing you gotta be careful, most of the equipment is going to need a lot of work. There is also a really outstanding equipment broker I have worked with that has a really good inventory and they go through the stuff good and write up a summery and price every thing accrdingly! My brother picked up a super slick Ditch Witch articulated 4x4 with a couple of much needed attachments, and he paid much less then all the others we saw at auctions! He had to re pipe the entire unit, but it was still less then the others! He also picked up a Argo 6X6 for winter work, and he got a smokin deal on it!

Bandit99, Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

The cheapest I can find the IBC totes around here is 25 a pop. These are rinsed out, but I still give then a good pressure washing. Many places I look are selling the same for 50 bux a piece. Check your local Craigslist and sources like LetGo and you should get a good idea of what the going rate is.

I friggin love auctions. I've never tried to sell, but I dang sure have bought a lot of stuff from them.

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Besides a 6 foot brush shredder, propane tanks and maybe a class 1 three point back hoe I am more interested in selling off the junk that some one else accumulated on my property.

On Craigslist people try to get $100 for IBC totes because they likely high.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Next tractor auction in 88130 is June 30th at 0900L.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7