Ex Muslims ; Ex Christians...There are obvious differences, but also, a number of similarities

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by chelloveck, Nov 10, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

This is one Muslim's dialogue and journey of discovery with some ex-Muslims.

2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

What similarities? Non-Christians live among us and have no problems. Islam is so different and intolerant that it isn't even funny.
    Christians can live with other religions.Go start a Christian church in a Muslim country.Does this give you a bad vibe? It should. Muslims in the U.S. will just be a problem like they are all over the world. I told my children to mark my words and watch as being PC about Muslims will be a mistake in the long run.

3M-TA3, OldDude49 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Interesting, Chello. Sometimes you do get it right... I think what I like about this video is we have a Muslim (self-proclaimed 'progressive Muslim') that is accepting these ex-Muslims and even admits that he has questioned his own faith at times. Given his age group and that he is either Canadian or American - well - I find that refreshing and consider it progress. Yeah, it's one guy but - progress, nevertheless. One of the major problems with Islam is exactly as they stated - you cannot question, criticize or doubt your faith without severe backlash from everywhere, family included. Anyway, it was refreshing and I thought the kid did pretty good with his interview, would have been better if he ditch the cap and dress himself appropriately for it.

Having said this, @Big Ron is correct, in that if you tried to start a Christian Church in 'some' Muslim countries (specifically the Middle East) - well - it ain't going to happen. However, on the other hand there are lots of Muslims countries that do allow Christian Churches to exist. The last country I lived in prior to returning stateside did indeed have Christian Churches, not a lot but a few, and one huge one was Russian Orthodox. I lived there 12+ years, no problems due to being a Christian but some due to being an American. But, I do foresee that country and others going down the dark path of being a true Islamic country with the election of their new president. Turkey also is turning more and more to the harder Islamic side and that is something I thought I would never see...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    mysterymet, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Rejecting God is a path to Hell. I should know. I told Him he was a fraud and a murderer.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well, just from my limited knowledge of Muslims , it seems these ex muslim women are educated , which is something that the Muslim countries try to prevent, or don't allow. So with the freedom to become educated , seems to show them how much the muslim women are restricted within their former religion.

3M-TA3, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Tolerance is such an unusual thing to talk about as an American. We weren't very tolerant of the natives here, nor of the colored labor we brought over from Africa, we haven't been very tolerant of Liberals, Conservatives, queers, Mexicans, or anybody else that I can really think of. I've been all over this world a few times and I love my country but I can't really say that I would mention our tolerance anywhere else I've been. When I was a kid, I watched my home town being burned and looted by intolerant people when a negro preacher got shot by a redneck. I lost friends and family in a war with people from a place that I never even saw on a map and can't imagine why. I got shot at while trying to rescue folks in the aftermath of one of worst hurricanes ever to hit North America. Muslims have their customs and their values and beliefs. They differ from ours but seem to work just fine for them or there wouldn't be so damned many of them, same thing with Baptists. As long as they don't blow up a Subaru outside the McDonalds while I'm enjoying a McRibb, I could care less.

Bandit99, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The only Godless Muslim is a dead Muslim

8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I wish Muslims would just stay in the middle east or with other Muslims. Their inability to separate religion and gov. And the horrible crap I have heard them say when a microphone is accidentally left on. Brussels and Paris and England are examples of societies having problems with Muslims.where I live everyone gets along(all Christians)and atheist just fine even though we disagree on some issues. No Muslims here though. nobody wants to talk about the reality of Muslims not integrating into western societies.

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oh.....there are plenty of 'cultural' Muslims who are more atheist than theist....they, just like many 'cultural' Christians, 'cultural Jews and 'cultural' (insert faith tradition here...)just go through the motions of ritual observance without buying into the supernatural woo.

That Christians and Jews aren't at particular risk of getting their heads lopped off for defection, doesn't mean that there may not be strong compulsions to conform to the outward public display of commitment to faith traditions, doctrine and sacred dogma. Many sects are strong internal enforcers of commitment and conformity, and failure to meet sect expectations can sometimes attract strong punitive sanctions. Ex communication from their religious community is not an insignificant sanction for some.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7