Exotic foods... What are you willing to eat?

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Hanzo, Sep 25, 2014.

1. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Squid - definately falls into the same "rubber" class as octopi if over cooked.

Chocolate covered grasshopper legs...not bad.

Hanzo likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Chocolate cover ALMOST anything wouldn't be too bad.

techsar and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  3. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

coverr it in chocolate or wrap it in bacon and its gonna be good ...

Hanzo, Seacowboys and kellory like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

lizard. I will pretty much eat anything that doesn't eat me first and reciprocity aside, can over-come squeamish with logic. I think that is a viable survival characteristic. There are many foods that never make my Friday night "let's go grab some ______?" list, lizard is right near the top of that list and I don't care if you cover it in bacon wrapped chocolate of not. Others, like just about anything from the sea, I'll enjoy. Did not imagine jellyfish could be eaten, though I have watch sea turtles eat them. Anemones eat them too and that is the symbiosis that gives them the toxin they use to kill other prey...I wonder if I eat enough jellyfish, will I be able to stun prey with a touch?

5. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

I'll try anything that doesn't gag me from the smell at least once.
    I love Octopus and about anything else sold in Sushi Restaurants!
    Ate dog in Hawaii, friends mom made Manapua out of it, I didn't know til I already ate 4, ate 2 more after that! Couldn't help it they were sooooo good!
    When in Rome....

Hanzo likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Exotic is in the eye of the beholder. My wife and I had dinner at a buffet last night, and there was a large party, over 100, of Japanese school girls that showed up shortly after we got there. It was very interesting to watch their reactions to the typical American fare of deep fried everything. I noticed that Ice cream appears to have universal appeal, and cotton candy was a big hit as well.

kellory and Hanzo like this.
  7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

The jellyfish was a new to me had no idea they could be eaten.

I don't consider things like octopus or squid unusual and do enjoy them from time to time.

When I was a kid I'd go out in the woods with a Crossman 760 pellet gun and tried eating anything I could kill. Squirrels and rabbits were very good, Chipmunks were not worth it killed one and tried to clean it, too small. Garden snakes of several variety's and every kind of fish I could catch in local streams and ponds I'd eat.

I draw the line at bugs and squishy things, plants and mushrooms you need to be really careful about.

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7