Expect others to follow

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by CATO, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Wells Fargo to test $3 fee for debit cards - Aug. 16, 2011

I watched a John Stossell episode about a year ago...they were talking about Ayn Rand. They had the president of the bank BB&T on there. He requires ALL of his managers to read Atlas Shrugged. He also tried to refuse TARP money, but the Kenyan forced it, to which they immediately paid it back.

Just a thought......vote bank's policies with your feet.

(DISCLAIMER: not connected in any way to BB&T or have stock in it)

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I was waiting for a bank to try this. If anybody uses debit cards after their bank starts charging them for it, they deserve what they get (less money in their accounts). The day my bank starts to charge me for a debit card is the day I shred it and start using cash for EVERYTHING.

Yes, I know, I should be using cash for everything right now. Getting gasoline is a prime example why I still use the debit card. Having to prepay sucks when you have to stand behind three people getting cigarettes, lotto, and twinkies. Then you have to do it again because you want your change.

Some gas stations are now issuing a card (by request) to those who desire to prepay all the time. It has your driver's license info on it, and you swipe it before you pump instead of having to go stand in line to pay. Of course, each company has their own card system.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7