Expedition Backpacker Pack - Gregory Whitney

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by medicineman, Jul 1, 2017.

1. medicineman

medicineman Survival Guru

I bought this Pack a few years ago with the full intention of getting back into backpacking.
    I even had a trip on the Appalachian Trail planned out, with dates and a couple friends.
    Then I blew out my knee at work and had to have surgery, and out this side I have 20% permanent loss of use. When I even walk/stand for a few hours wearing my duty belt my knee feels like it is the size of a soccer ball. (no swelling thank God).

So much for backpacking and hiking long trips.
    So much for my needing this pack.

I paid $399.98 +tax
    Unless someone complains, here is where I have it listed at Amazon for $275
    Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Gregory Whitney 95 Backpack (Lichen,Large)
    I will take $225 from someone where I don't have to pay fees (like on here).

GREGORY WHITNEY - NEW - NEVER USED
    STILL HAS TAGS ON IT
    gregwhit1. gregwhit2. gregwhit3. gregwhit4. gregwhit5.

(from Gregory and other reviews)
    This is an extremely comfortable pack that carries heavy weight extremely well. The numerous access panels on the pack are a real plus....no need for dumping out everything in your pack to find something. The Gregory Whitney has a zippered front panel with a mesh retainer pocket which can be used to store small items for quick access at the front of the pack Behind the panel pocket, the Gregory Whitney features an opening to provide access to the main compartment from the front of the pack. Contents in the main compartment are accessible through the top, front panel, side doors, and the sleeping bag compartment. Under the quick release side compression straps of the Gregory Whitney, the pack features two "barn door" pockets which can be opened directly into the main compartment to allow access to gear from the sides of the pack. The " barn door" flaps which cover these openings also have mesh pockets on the inside. The main compartment is separated from the bottom sleeping bag compartment by a detachable divider flap. The flap is attached to the back wall of the Gregory Whitney by two button type fasteners.

The divider flap can be detached from the back wall and folded over the front of the pack. In this configuration, the main compartment joins the bottom compartment and forms a single large compartment. The Gregory Whitney main compartment is closed at the top by a two drawstring system with a compression strap running over the top of the pack. This system allows overstuffing of the main compartment under the adjustable-height lid. A hydration bladder pocket and port at the top of the main compartment allows a hydration system to be routed on the right side of the Gregory Whitney. (Hydration system is not included)

The Gregory Whitney has a side mounted water bottle holster which fits standard Nalgene bottles, and has an elastic cord which fits around the neck of the bottle to help keep it in place. The near-horizonal angle of the bottle holder facilitates access while wearing the pack. The Gregory Whitney features 2 ice axe holders, a side water bottle holster, multiple outside pockets, and a daisy chain to organize gear. The top lid of the pack can be removed and used as a fanny pack.
    Five attachment points hold the lid to the bag, and the hipbelt stows behind a panel on the underside of the lid.
    The Gregory Whitney features a thermoformed, segmented hipbelt with rigid plastic reinforcement wing to help transfer weight to the hips evenly. The rigid wing support to which the padded hipbelt is attached attaches to the Adjust-A-Cant panel behind the lumbar pad.

The Adjust-A-Cant waistbelt adjustment allows the user to change the waist belt angle to one of three positions. This is achieved by removing the two brass bolts, rotating the rigid wing around the pivot point, and then replacing the bolts through one of the other 2 hole set options. Looking into the sleeping bag compartment, two aluminum stays attach to the bottom section of the framesheet at the hipbelt. The two aluminum stays attach directly to the Adjust-A-Cant panel behind the lumbar pad at the base of the Gregory Whitney.
    The Auto-Cant shoulder harness automatically adjusts to fit the user, and provides two strap position options for torso adjustment. The sternum strap is held in place between a layer of hook and loop fastener which runs the length of the contoured shoulder straps. Load lifter straps at the top of the shoulder straps help adjust the position of the pack relative to the user.
    Even better is the fact that the bottom of the pack is made of waterproof Shelter-Rite material. The Shelter-Rite material,which has a durable rubbery feel to it, is essential if you're carrying a down sleeping bag that has to stay dry. From the hydration pocket, to the rubber bottom, to the numerous access panels, this is well thought out pack.
    This bag is ideal for anyone traveling long distances, or with lots of weight.

You could easily pack everything you need, including food, for ten days to two weeks into this pack.
    Ideal for a trip on the AT or PCT, or for your next adventure.

Suspension: Shoulder and waist-belt Flo form auto-cant
    Back Panel: Aerotech mesh
    Hydration Compatible: Yes
    Torso size: L 19.5 -21.5
    Sleeping Bag Compartment: Yes
    Access Types: Top, Front, Side and Bottom
    Detachable Daypack: convertible fanny pack top pocket
    Gear Loops: Built-in daisy chain, 2 axe loops
    External Pockets: Yes
    Volume: 5950 cu in
    Weight: 7lb 2oz
    Warranty: Limited Lifetime
    Recommended Use: Perfect for multi-day/weeklong backcountry trips.
    Material: Made of ultra-light 210-denier Arrowhead ripstop with waterproof Shelter-Riteā„¢ nylon/vinyl reinforcement on bottom for long-wearing durability

T. Riley and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7