Explain Why Artifact Is 'Offensive'

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Yard Dart, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    Ground Zero Cross: Court presses atheist group to explain why artifact is 'offensive' | Fox News

The last line sum's up this issue perfectly:
    "The Constitution is not a personal tool for censoring everyone’s beliefs but your own"

Motomom34, Georgia_Boy, melbo and 5 others like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Right and Wrong do not depend upon the target, but upon an internal value system. I don't care if a cross offends you, therefore it is not wrong.:)

melbo, Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Baxter also said. “The Constitution is not a personal tool for censoring everyone’s beliefs but your own.”

THIS. ^

Yeah, the First Amendment is non-negotiable. It doesn't just cover freedom of speech. The Bill of Rights enshrines the most basic and vitally important rights for the people. We do not derive our rights from government, be it the legislature, judiciary or the executive. If any single source could be cited for the deliverance and assignment of rights, it would be God, and God alone.

--So says me, every liberty loving patriot on this earth, the founders of this nation and the omnipotent being who created this universe, if he exists or not.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I am astounded that this even went to court. How MT are sheep's heads that reading is difficult for them? 15 minutes of fame, maybe?

Yard Dart, melbo and Brokor like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Atheists just want their moment in the lime light. Ever seen an atheist church? They need some kind of internal support system so they can just get over it!!

Motomom34 and melbo like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I swear the first thought in an Atheist brain is is this in anyway connected to religion. They don't see wonder or beauty, they look at something to find an issue. What sad way to go through life.

BTW- regardless of if I am religious or not, when I see images of that cross it gives me goosebumps.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Well this atheist doesn't see what the problem is. If it has meaning to those who were there, it belongs in the museum regardless of ideology. Don't like it, don't look at it.

I view wedgie infested atheists who carp and moan about that sort of thing much the way I imagine most Christians view the Westboro crowd.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I find ANY Man, that puts his hands on a woman, in anger, OFFENSIVE.....

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The threat of consequence in majority rule poses a significant problem with any Democracy; adding to this very real problem is an even greater peril --the existence of Democracy within a republic.

Most people today actually do not even know, nor can they comprehend the idea of what our republic truly is supposed to be. The definition of a sovereign republic has escaped their minds, gradually and unwaveringly like water trickling from a leaky faucet. Some may claim that a tyrannous government poses the greater threat to liberty, but I must confess that it is unquestionably the ignorant will of the majority of people who pose the greatest threat of all. Even indifference alone can bring radical change with time for a nation, but the mob rule mentality of a fervently dedicated and disillusioned majority is like a wild fire of epic proportions.

We are witnessing right now, a separation of philosophies which exists in clear form between those who comprehend and support the Constitution and the republic founded on the principles of limited governance and a corporate sponsored Democracy without limitations. In such a condition as described, the government is actually an oligarchy with no restraint and zero accountability. Naturally, when we see a case such as this artifact in question, it isn't difficult to see the apparent animosity some hold toward others. In all my time in this existence that I can recall, I have never seen as much division and anger between a single people as I do with America current day. To think back on our past, I can call upon thoughts of people divided on a single issue at a time, but never like it is today. From special interests and political views, to religions and war, even gender and sexuality are heatedly contested. Virtually every aspect of our modern lives has become a talking point for the corporate media collective to spin and weave tales of deceit and underpinnings. We are so distracted with each other, that we cannot see the spiders at work, spinning their webs with intricate precision, waiting to pounce on their prey. And when we tire of this heated debate, we can always acquiesce, rest on the couch and turn on the television for some quality entertainment.

Some may say that slaves are more free than the average city dwelling American in this time. At least a slave is conscious to the fact that he is not free.

Tracy, Yard Dart, ditch witch and 3 others like this.
  10. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

A cross, a Bible, the name of Jesus. Is there better proof that there is a God and which God than those who hate him. People may not care much about Islam, Buddhism or 100's of other ism's but Christianity along with Judism, That where the real hatred is and where does it come from. That part of inner man that knows the truth and is of this world. More than that, it is a Spirit that infects many that refuse God.

Sapper John likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7