Fair does not mean equal

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Hanzo, Dec 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I have always believed this. Sometimes treating someone equally means you are not being fair. And things are rarely ever equal. Anyway, just food for thought.

Speaking of food...

[​IMG]

duane, Tully Mars, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

According to cannibals, pig is closer.:D

Ganado likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That guy doesn't eat People.... He mostly eats Roots & Berries.... And in the fall, he eats Fish..

Ganado likes this.
  4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Doesn't mean he won't tear into yo....

Ganado likes this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Bears will eat anything they can get their hands on. And they'll back off from anything that doesn't look like it's worth the risk or effort. If a bear ever starts following you, even casually and at a goodly distance, you are officially on his menu and should act accordingly. NEVER play dead for a bear. Bears eat dead things. It's like playing steak.

And interesting thing about "fair" is that it is a human abstraction--like "justice" and "good" and "bad".
    Nowhere in the Universe is there a thing you can point at and truthfully say "That's a fair.", or "That's justice.".

It's much better to try to treat people "correctly". Which is also an abstraction.

(Dang. There just ain't no justice.)

Hanzo, Ganado and kellory like this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I count not getting eaten fairly high up on the justice scale. Haha. Bears are starting to be seen in my AO, to the point were this year there is talk of lottery hunts instead of endangered species, $250000 fine and 10-15 years in jail.

Ganado likes this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7