Fallkniven TK4 and Kydex

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Hanzo, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The tactical folks might not like the TK4. Not a one handed opener. But it is a fantastic knife!

Normally, I carry it in my pocket. My buddy is a maestro of kydex. He made all kinds of stuff out of kydex for himself and his sons. When we were talking story in the backyard, he was showing my some of the sheaths he made. They were on his person or his sons'.

And he kindly offered to make for me. So I handed him the knife I had with me in my pocket and he took it home and quickly turned around some awesome work. All super secure. All with a satisfying click. All readily deployable.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    enloopious, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 7 others like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Nice looking. Find I need sheaths as time goes by for multitools and pocket knives. Seems like the newer jeans etc pockets aren't made as strong or as deep as they used to be and it is much easier to either wear a hole in them or have the item fall out when you sit down or crawl.

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

A neck knife is good to have. Generally well concealed and readily available.

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I clip my knives and multi tools on my carry belt. For you monkeys in the Portland or area, Oregonholsterworks does some awesome work and can make any thing you can dream up. I had some kydex "clips" made and attached to my tactical belt and this is how I carry clipped tools and knives. They can literally make any thing, and the pricing is really reasonable.

Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like my pricing too... FREE!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Noticed a little nick on the edge. So instead of busting out the Japanese water stones for just one knife, I took out the Fallkniven DC4 that usually is mobile with me in my pack. Figure it would be about ground out in the time it took to soak the stones. It it was a big nick, would have filed it out then resharpened.

Also showing the little Ray Mears trick of adding some nails to the pouch. That way you can pound the nails into a log to hold the sharpener still. AND, you have some nails...

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hanzo likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Matei
  4. Matei
  5. norseman
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: norseman, Mar 8, 2021, 3 replies, in forum: Blades
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado