Family Camping Wet Windy Weekend

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Hanzo, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Windy with some light rain so far.

Dinner was beans and sausage, spinach, and corn with rice. I ate too much and am so full.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394950138.836274.

S'mores are long gone into little monkey tummies. Will probably hit the sack within the hour.

Bear likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Looks great!... how did the cookies go?... sleep well and don't let the wind blow anyone away :0)

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Cookies are mostly gone. Was good enough that I may have a referral for your friend for her personal chef services.

Bear likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Better do better on Prep'en for these outdoor excursions, Hanzo, or the little Monkeys might not want to go next time. No cookies no smiles...

Bear and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Slo-mo of camp fire in a lull in the high winds.

Bear likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Not all gone yet. And these were an unexpected treat for them, courtesy of our ever generous Bear.

We have way too much food and way to much treats for the little monkeys to eat. This time, we had about 15 little monkeys!

Bear likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is a barrel full of Monkeys, all right....

kellory, Bear and Hanzo like this.
  8. Bear

I remember that game ! Lots of fun when we were kids :0)

Hanzo, Mrs. Hanzo and the rest of the adults are amazing folks for planning these and making sure the kids have a great time!

kellory and Hanzo like this.
  9. Bear

Theme song for your last night :0)

Wake up to a "Sunny Sunday" !

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Moon over the Ko'olau's

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394980639.148171.

Bear and kellory like this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You are a lucky man.

Hanzo likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Had a friend stay with us. He stayed between our fly and tent to ride out the waves of high wind. The wind made it pretty cold too. Had to wear a jacket! I know right. What's up with that?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395017209.243199.

He stayed to the end. When I took everything down, we had to physically remove him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395017372.057272.

I think it's time for a new tent though. We had a significant leak in the fly which the hoochie sorted out quite nicely for us.

The ground got so wet over the weekend, it was marshy even on the higher ground where we set up. While I thought the ground cloth and bathtub floor kept out the moisture, I was wrong. The floor was soaked through and very wet. It was my interior system that kept our bedding and us dry. On the tent floor, I put a layer of Thermarest pads over where we sleep. Then I put a tarp over the entire tent floor before setting up our bedding. The floor, the thermarests and the tarp was wet. But we weren't. So I will keep setting up that way. Was starting to think, "Why keep doing it like that? Means bringing more stuff." Mother Nature sometimes gives us reminders.

Despite a few showers and cold strong winds, the day and our camping trip ended beautifully. Thanks for joining us.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395017861.763779.

kellory likes this.
  13. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Wow!~ Such beautiful country. You are on Oahu right?

I was on the big isle for 23 hours about 7 years ago in March...guess how many of those minutes it didn't rain? Yup you prob guessed...it rained the entire 23 hours! Stayed at the Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel overlooking Coconut Island Park. Could barely see it through the constant down pour!

Had a blast though. Hope to get island side again some day. Preferably on a sail boat!

Hanzo likes this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Hope you make it back this way. I really don't mind rain. Keeps us green and lush.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7