fanaticism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ivan, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

while i doubt there will be much sympathy here for the political bent of this article, i think the point it raises merits discussion. I generally agree with it. the appropriate response to oppression is not to bow and scrape in hopes of receiving lighter chains. rather you must endeavor to shatter the chains yourself. no matter how many name you "fanatic".

http://firesneverextinguished.blogspot.com/2009/06/kansas-bleeding-again.html

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So let get this straight:He says"fanaticism is bad as demonstrated by the murder of the abortion doctor.
    but he concludes with:" hey "maybe "we "should try it"???,

Hats off to the original fanatics:
    [​IMG]

3. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

I think it was more along the lines of "fanaticism may be good, we should pay attention to the pro-life movements radical elements to see how it works for them".

that he(or she) disagrees with the cause in question is a separate issue.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

When it comes to issues like this, fanatics and extremists on any side give the rest of us a really hard time.

The people who cannot break away from the dividing schemes are just ripe to be plucked and immersed into a hate-filled scheme which will only serve to bring pain and fear.

And people who live in fear are exactly what the establishment hope for.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7