FAQ: The Home Depot's Veteran/Military Discount Policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Nov 8, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just to clear up some misunderstandings.

I note, any of the discounts to vets is a gift by that company and can be changed at any time.
    Had a little Heart to Heart with a Vet the other day that did not read the statement at the register.

Lately, we have been receiving phone calls and emails regarding The Home Depot’s veteran/military discount policy. Because of this we have followed up with HD Corporate Communications and External Affairs. The email message that follows is The Home Depot’s explanation.

PLEASE NOTE: Stephen Holmes (Senior Manager, HD Corporate Communications) recommends for more information, further questions, or concerns about The Home Depot’s veteran/military discount policy call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT or email information@homedepot.com.

-----Original Message-----

From: Stephen Holmes (Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Home Depot)

To: Brian Zeringue (Public Information Manager, Georgia Department of Veterans Service)

Subject: Home Depot's Veteran/Military Discount Policy

Here is “The Home Depot’s” veteran/military discount policy, along with the type of IDs needed to verify eligibility.

All military personnel and veterans are eligible for a 10% discount at all The Home Depot store locations during national holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th and Veterans Day.

Additionally, the 10% discount is available to active and reserve military personnel, retired or disabled veterans and their spouses or dependent children, every day, upon request.

To receive the everyday discount, we ask customers to present one of the following IDs to verify eligibility:

· Common Access Card (CAC is a standard identification card issued to active duty and reserve personnel)

· United States Uniformed Services Privilege and Identification Card:

o Tan - Dependent of active duty member or retiree

o Red - Retired reservist and reservist dependent

o Blue - Retiree

· A VA Medical Center “Veteran Identification Card” (it MUST state “Service Connected”)

The maximum for both 10% discounts is $500 on a single-receipt purchase at The Home Depot U.S. stores only and cannot be applied to installation products or services, Gift Cards, special buy appliances or in addition to any other offers. The discount is not available for online purchases.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Awesome! Loews is almost the same, though you have to visit customer service to fill out a quick questionnaire, then all you do is give your phone number to the check out person and your good to go every single day!

sec_monkey and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

you can do that online as well. And Lowes isn't commie.

Wild Trapper, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I didn't know about HD, closest one is about 30 miles away. A Lowe's is closer, under 10 miles. I registered online with them so all I have to do is give my PH# at checkout to get the veterans discount.

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've always heard Home Depot supported the Brady Bill years ago . And heard lowes supported something else I can't remember at the this time, that I didn't care for at the time. Just saying , if you shop at stores based on their political views , your selection of shopping stores is going to vastly limited.

6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

true, same with political parties, they've every one done something in the past to make them forever dead to me, except then not voting is also not acceptable...
    Most lately, I think it was the homosexual thing along with disrespecting the flag that HD jumped in with both feet and Lowe's repudiated. If it's easy enough to choose, I will do so. I also, however, give Amazon way too much money, because choosing is NOT easy.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7