Farm Prepping

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Thunder5Ranch, Apr 25, 2022.

1. BenP

BenP Monkey++

If you installed a Mini-split heat pump you could set the temp and 'forget' about it. Some of those roof mount RV ACs do heat also.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I somehow accumulate things for cheap from auctions, 4 of those things were roof mount RV ACs for $575 when a local RV Dealership went out of business and auctioned off their stock. Two went on the food trailers and the two remaining have just been hanging out in the barn on a shelf for the last 4-5 years. A lot of the new projects I am doing I am trying to incorporate as much of the ummm hoard into them as is practical. This gets two big boxes off my storage shelves to serve a purpose other than being dust collectors :)

BenP and SB21 like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looks like were making the deal on the Freightliner today, Price is right where we were planning, and it's a good solid truck. We took it onto the shop and crawled all over it and under it to really check it out, nothing wrong at all, so that's super good! Bro is getting the measurements for the roof parts and will be stopping by Freightliners surplus yard to get some stuff! Going to swap the factory seats to leather bostroms, going to swap fuel tanks and side boxes from a Cascadia ( Smaller diameter tanks, longer length) and the side skirts and steps! ( Also need the tool boxes) and See if they have a new fifth wheel, this one works but it's getting close to worn out!
    Tires are all good, all are virgin ( No Re-caps) so that's super good. Gotta get some other cool stuff on the way, but nothing major!

BTW, She really runs her ass off, drives nicer then the Pete ever did, and rides like your on a cloud! Only has 89K on the engine overhaul, so should be good for the next 15 years or so!

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Should get a Old Mack with a Triplex tranny!

SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7