First Amendment Favorite Freedom Quotes

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by enloopious, Feb 2, 2013.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Hi everybody! I thought I'd post a few of my favorite freedom based quotes and ask what all of your favorite ones are?

-I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious. ~Thomas Jefferson

-Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~Thomas Paine

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. ~Thomas Paine

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. ~Thoreau

-Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Einstein

2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I love to take the words of those who oppose freedom and use them against them;
    Jefferson's tree is my favorite from the Founders;

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

As you go forth and ban the arms of the patriot, turning us into criminals. I will be honored to carry the banner and be labeled as both. ~ VisuTrac.

5. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power.

Alexander Hamilton

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7