Favorite Sci-Fi Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Sep 22, 2009.

1. snuffysmith

snuffysmith Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like all those shows but am surprised no one has memtioned my favorite.
    It' gotta be Star gate with SG1.
    The show had aliens, (which ya gotta have) drama, (they were always getting into trouble) violence (fighting with cool weapons), comedy (you always had to watch Dean Anderson) and a hot chick (Amanda Tapping, to name just one). That show had everything. IHO

Snuffy

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

OK, now I'm gonna tell ya what my favorite show was growing up.

Knight Rider

Man I wanted a car like that!!!

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

whatever 7's on !:[​IMG]

4. walrus

walrus Monkey++

Gotta say Farscape. Liked the humor.
    One crazy earthman that non of the aliens understood.

I was into Highlander for a while. Liked the series.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am pretty sure that would be "Star Trek Voyager." Remember the sitcom with 2 women and one man as room mates. Well Jeri Ryan (7 of 9) went to Northwestern University, just north of Chicago. Jeri Ryan, one other hot chick, and my silly gay male cousin were room mates. What a waste! So much potential fun, and no connection......

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Did the new series not pan out?

7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

not to my knowledge. I watched the pilot for it, it was just OK.

Nothing like the original. I don't think any of the Knight Rider sequels paned out.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Any "Firefly" fans here? It was one of my favorites - but just as I was really getting into it, they cancelled! ARGHHHHH!!

I did get the DVD set. And the movie "Serenity" tied up many of the loose ends. But it had such potential - and cool guns! [winkthumb]

Liked the first and third Highlander movies - the second one set in the dark polluted future with an aging Macleod - just did NOT work for me! Too much an aberation of the original. Though Michael Ironside is always a topnotch villain! [applaud]

B5 - very good show! I have the DVD set of the movies. Need to get the regular series episodes.

ST-TNG was pretty good - except in their occasional "Westly Crusher saves the Universe" abberations. That got old fast. Loved the movie when they had to crash the Enterprise down planetside. Mr. Data's expletive was very apropos! Major pucker factor in his chair for sure!

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Firefly was one of the very best Sci-Fi shows ever. It only serves to show you that some of the very best get canceled. The movie is very, very good.

10. Devildog3531

Devildog3531 Monkey+++

Re-Imagined Galatica minus the final season. I enjoyed the military theme, though the prophecy/mythical side was not my thing. The series maintained a storyline from which each episode flowed to the next (with the exception of a couple mid series that kind of came out of nowhere). As soon as it started getting political/religion-based it started to bore me.

11. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I love the "yip yips" on Sesame Street...Does that count?? :)

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4VNMERVsC4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

12. Brokor

Oh man. lol.

13. magnus392

FAIL!!!

14. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Well that was worth the lost lesson time to watch.:lol:

Son says, "That's how I get Mom off my back"

?!

Whenever you ask if I'm doing what I'm supposed to, I just say "Yip".

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I had the same problem with ST-DS9. Started out well, as long it was taken on it's own merits, and NOT seen as a "Star Trek" remake. It had a darker grittier feel to it that was refreshing after ST-TNG's sterile feel.
    But later on, they got into the more religious end of things, with their own prophesy/prophet thing going on.

16. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I liked to watch Star Trek and ST:TNG back in the day. Then it was Star Trek Enterprise with hotties Jolene Blalock as TPol and Linda Park as Hoshi Sato.

Then came Stargate SG1 with hottie Amanda Tapping and Stargate Atlantis with Jewell Staite and Rachel Luttrell.

I liked the Old Battlestar Galactica and the new Battlestar Galactica series that just ended last season.

Firefly was a good series as well as Terminator the Chronicles of Sarah OConner. Heroes is a good show and Fringe with hottie Anna Torv is really interesting.

17. magnus392

I want to watch DS9 just for the Dominion War. From what little I have gathered about it, it seems the Federation was far to tree huggy, lovey dovey for too long and basically got their clock cleaned.

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

heheheh. No way it was the science fiction that got YOUR attention --
    [peep] [beer]

19. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In my opinion, the best was the 2008 presidential campaign!

20. Brokor

SCIENCE fiction. :rolleyes: Jeez. [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7