Favorite Sci-Fi Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You have, have you not, heard of political SCIENCE? They even teach it and award degrees in it --

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You know, the funny thing is that I was just speaking with a college professor with that very background. If the subject didn't bore me entirely, I would have been more talkative. I think that I will go for a COMPUTER science degree, personally. [booze]What? I can do it. STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!!!

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was, originally, a Poli Sci major so I guess ghrit is on the right tract. I wanted to go to law school, not into politics. Divorce interrupted my plan and the accounting degree brought money into the house faster! Life happens and you have to be ready to turn on a dime to adapt and overcome.

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Amen says the severely under-employed grad student who has a teaching certificate. Back to the topic at hand,

I miss the old school stuff like Buck Rogers, Original Galactica, Airwolf and such.

5. Brokor

Yes, I would like the new Galactica if the camera wasn't so damn shaky and stop cutting back and forth continuously. I hate that kind of cinematography.

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If it's anything like the "Bourne" movies, then I'll pass on it. I can't stand that type of cinematography either. If I wanted to watch shaky, fast moving video, I'd just watch some home movies!

7. Brokor

It's worse. Much worse. I think that a 12 year old with tourets and allergies could hold the camera more steady. Galactica is just horrible with camera work.

8. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't mind the camera work so much. I can work well as it did in Saving Private Ryan.

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

V is back Tuesday night on ABC

10. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

SWEET, I'll have to set the DVR to record it, otherwise I know I'll forget about it LOL

11. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

I'll definitely be watching.

Byte

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sure hope that mouse eater returns with the new series.

13. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Futurama!

14. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Gadget Master

The original Star trek... IMHO was the "father" of good sci-fi. after that would have to be lost in space.

15. Brokor

[alllies] Original Star Trek blows. Lost in Space was even worse.

I would agree that it was something of a trendsetter -but calling it "good" is definitely arguable. To be perfectly honest, I don't think that "good" sci-fi even came out until the 90's. The technology just wasn't there before.

16. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Just saw Avatar with my son. Yes I liked it and will be buying the DVD.[pop]

17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

One of my favorite 'low budget' sci-fi shows was PBS's "Red Dwarf" series from BBC. Kinda like Dr. Who meets Hitchiker's Guide! [winkthumb]

18. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I can remember two that I used to like when I was a lot younger,
    Time Tunnel and Space:1999.
    Yep, I'm officially old!

19. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

When your life is science fiction your television shows do not measure up.

20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehehe..... those Moonbase chicks with the purple hair were cute.......
    Space: 1999 was a favorite of mine.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7