Favorite skill to teach other

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olympic mountain man, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

I love to teach traps and snares

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Comms is my thing... & Alaska Bush Living is what I do.......

3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Comms and shooting skills

4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Comms and engineering....

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I would like to see or hear about your favorite & easiest snares & traps. We have bunnies here and they quite unpredictable in where they go. I keep wondering how to trap one.

6. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Now that @Tempstar got me thinking, being an mechanical engineer I would like to add

Engineering principals, plumbing, house electrical, fishing skills.....

Ganado likes this.
  7. Withak

Withak Monkey

Shooting (basics, safety, not advanced marksmanship), electrical wiring (homes, etc.), cooking/baking

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I love to teach shooting to all genders and sex to females only...though I do get turned on by @chelloveck sometimes. I've often fantasized about showing him something he's never seen before...the other end. :love::eek:

Dont and Ganado like this.
  9. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Shooting skills and Logistics, Low Tech Solutions.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

There's no accounting for some people's fantasies.....it's "the other end" of what, that has me somewhat alarmed.
    upload_2016-8-4_1-0-43.

If I'm having to teach a female sex, then they probably aren't old enough to be engaging in it. As to teaching others marksmanship: I'm open to doing that. Though, a condom over the barrel, is no substitute for a properly applied safety catch. ;)

Ganado likes this.
  11. Olympic mountain man

well I have many skills as far as wilderness living, shelters, primitive tools and weapons and just thriving in the wilderness

I am a shooting instructor my self but my question is what do you do when you run out of bullets?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
    Meat and chelloveck like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

In my day in the green machine, it was called an IA (immediate action stoppage) drill. ;)

Learning how to reload spent cartridges,, and bullet casting are useful ways of having firearm fodder available for the ammo magazine.

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

DIY electrical theory and innovation. After you understand the basics and have moved on to advanced theory, you can make just about anything (yes, limits do exist).

chelloveck likes this.
  14. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Also applies to firearms and ammunition as well.. Take an interest in how things are made..

chelloveck likes this.
  15. chimo

You'd have to whip that lil one-eyed thang out and put it in my hand for me to show you that "other end" you have never seen before, old son. I might need to put on my reading glasses tho. [reddevil]

I guess I don't have the skills required to teach understanding of my warped, evil humor. :(

Didn't you watch the old B monster movies when you were a kid? When you run out of bullets you THROW THE GUN! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  16. Olympic mountain man

lol I was talking about all together no ammo primitive weapons

Salted Weapon and chelloveck like this.
  17. chimo

another monkey reminded me of one of my other "skills" that I enjoy teaching...bicycling. While I have raced, my real expertise in the area is utility, commuting and recreational type riding and bikes. I might start a thread somewhere else where I and others with the same knowledge can do a Q&A type thing for those who are looking to incorporate a bike into their preps or bug out plans.

chelloveck likes this.
  18. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

As in what? Like not getting married?

19. Olympic mountain man

lmfao I dodged that bullet for many years but finaly got a good one now

20. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I work in electronics professionally so that's what I gravitate towards, with particular attention to ham radio. I can also do AC wiring, motors, and off grid power.

A lot of my effort is spent "un-teaching" bad habits and misinformation.

This would be a good time to shill my blog Off Grid Ham - Keeping amateur radio on when the grid is gone . It's my version of an "online Elmer" program.

I am good at home & auto repairs although not good enough to train others. I can get by, but I'm no wizard. Ditto for guns.

Dont, AD1 and chelloveck like this.
  1. Qwertyportne
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. AxesAreBetter
  4. DKR
  5. Motomom34
  6. wideym
  7. OldDude49
  8. The_Prepared
  9. Motomom34
  10. The_Prepared
  11. DKR