Favorite TV programs...

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Bandit99, May 6, 2017.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It was a great series! We have it on DVD.

This is EXACTLY what we do.
    Sass and I have a fairly large movie collection. Quit counting at 1k movies, but their shelves cover two and a half walls in the computer room. I can't tell you the last movie we actually watched in a theater, but I think it was HP and the Deathly Hallows pt 2. We choose to spend that part of our entertainment budget on DVDs most of the time. We can get the movies for pennies on the dollar through Amazon after they've been out for a bit. We love old movies. MANY times Sass has paid more in shipping (3-5 bux) than she does for the DVD. For us this is a great way to pass a winter weekend when it's nasty outside or put in a series when you're sick and on the couch and just veg out. PSHTF EVERYDAY will be a work day. Those times that a person can enjoy a break, lose yourself in a movie and some popcorn for a few hours will be just as important for your morale as ammo is for your security.

Ganado, sec_monkey and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Great! I built a super-fast computer this past winter as I was close to losing my sanity from Cabin Fever (very harsh winter this year) and needed something to do. I immediately purchased ES SE upon completion. I got totally hook on it for 2 weeks! It was a good thing the wife was gone visiting her mom in Central Asia as lost quite a few days to it. LOL! I haven't played it in a while as weather finally turned so lots of work to do outside but now that you mentioned it and it's Sunday, and the wife isn't around....

sec_monkey and Tully Mars like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Any documentary on Military History, from the Greeks to modern day. Don't know what it is, just drawn to it.
    TWD
    Fear TWD
    News - sometimes, gets to be the same thing over and over.
    Breaking Bad was pretty well written. It's over.

Most shows are not worth watching and some would say that of TWD. Just a matter of taste and I'll be the first to admit that some of mine is bad.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Andy Griffith show (Actually met him once)
    The Rifleman
    TWD
    House
    News

Tons of youtube videos that walk you through it. Works good on a Raspberry Pi or any Linux machine as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
    sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

1. Gunny Time - Outdoor Channel
    2. Hollywood Weapons - Outdoor Channel
    3. Best Defense - Outdoor Channel
    4. Giada in Italy - Food Network
    5. Beat Bobby Flay - Food Network
    6. Hell's Kitchen - FOX (Just because, I wonder where they find those idiots)
    7. Caribbean Life - HGTV
    8. Island Life - HGTV

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The only tv sires not mentioned that I thought was excellent was one called
    Marco Polo. obviously about Marco Polo when he was a hostage of Ghengus Khan

Downtown Abby and Game of thrones are also 2 of my favorites.

For movies you can't beat Shakespeare in Love

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I can't agree, since I never watched it. That said @genado, why not start a thread on fave movies classics and current? Should NOT be me that starts it, since the last movie I sat thru was Apollo 13 back in 95.

Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

WTF?

R u stalking me again? this has shades of kellory

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Eh?

sec_monkey likes this.
  10. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator