FBI warns of massive ATM heist

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Motomom34, Aug 14, 2018.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If a repeat of the euro bank safu happened here I have a safe deposit box, my gun show cash box (but it is full of mostly stripper pay, change,1s, 5s, few 10s no 20s and more than $300 total), a visa, master card and American express with very little if any monthly carry over ballance.
    Chances are it wouldn't effect all those institutions.
    The gun show cash box would last a week or 2 no problem. The safe deposit box I could go 6 months to a year on.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bet there is a run on the banks if this goes on the main stream media.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

maybe that's the plan, let it leak out, cause a run and then call a bank holiday.
    [tf]

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I just read the story on Fox News, so I must retract my "fake news" statement. It is puzzling. If I owned the ATM I would lower the cash Inventory for a while. Regardless of the hack, the ATM's will not just empty themselves in one or a few transaction. There is a limit to the number of bills they can disburse in one transaction. Secondly, we always filmed ever bill that went into our ATMs. Just ran them through a high speed microfilm machine. Last of all, if each ATM contained $50k you are going to have to hit 20 of them to get a million with nobody else in line and getting your picture taken every time. Stupid idea IMO.

5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Well, if they are going to do it, I hope they do it soon. Right now is a great time for someone to steal the funds from my account. Ain't nuttin' in them to take. :D

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like a good day to hit up the ATM and buy some gold.

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I had the security features disabled on my bank card until recently since I had been traveling and I hated having it locked every time I made a purchase. My bank reimburses me for any and all fraudulent charges, I am covered 100% up to $150,000. With the security enabled, I receive an alert any time my bank card is used without the chip or no matter what for any purchase more than "X amount" I set it to. For the credit cards, the same deal. Alerts are all turned on.

I went to a neighboring town with 90% minorities from Puerto Rico and I recently had a scumbag lift my number from what I believe was either a store front side deal with the cashier or an ATM with a module installed. I was covered for all the purchases they made, although it did take me a few hours to get it sorted. Now that I have it all set up properly and with a new number, if a fraudulent purchase is made the card will lock and refuse the purchase if I don't accept it with my phone app.

There's no conspiracy here. We have tons of illegals who will share your bank card all over the country, making it impossible to trace them. They will prey upon white people, no doubt about it.

Dont, Seawolf1090 and oldawg like this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I don’t think safety deposit box’s are safe when you have a bank holiday.

9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You know, I bet a simple piece of tin foil would do the same thing, but need something stiffer about the same size of credit card as I don't want to change my wallet or perhaps a sleeve for it to go into. I will have a look on Amazon.

Witch Doctor 01 and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I admit it. I had to look that one (ASPCA) up. LOL! I've had my head filled with so many acronyms that I stopped remembering them, buffer overload. LOL! :):)

Motomom34 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Anything?
    No?

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The aim eventually is to go paperless, that way the government has access to your money like they did in Grease .
    If you borrow money, it is created out of thin air, .but it is a debt you now owe ,so basically the borrower creates money . Or am I missing something?
    What do banks do when their money/cash is stolen ?

I see that there are already lending agencies that do not use or accept cash, but demand other forms of transfer .Problem I see there is trusting such with your bank information and that has access to your whole account. not an acceptable gamble .
    My friend plays a game that she has to buy coins to participate her one time purchase $19.95 had been fraudulently re charged several times and we had to go to the bank and file a claim . and it is not the only one we had to deal with there were more.
    Electronic access is getting worse not better.
    Paper money is still the better alternative even though it is being deaminized by those that want access to it in electronic means .

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Exactly so. That and the fine institution of interest is behind banking as it is and has been since (and before) the money lenders that Jesus chastised.

Submit an insurance claim, which, when paid, of course increases the money in circulation.

To counter the proliferation of money in circulation, inflation takes place. That, (among other details) goes quite a way toward explaining why it costs more for the same thing you bought last year for fewer frns.

1. VisuTrac
  2. Ganado
  3. DarkLight
  4. OldDude49
  5. TnAndy
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. Motomom34
  9. Brokor
    Uploaded by: Brokor, Dec 26, 2017, 0 comments, in album: Law
  10. Bandit99
  11. oil pan 4