FDA has decided that Sudafed and benadryl no longer work and they will be removed from stores

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by oil pan 4, Sep 13, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Screenshot_20230913-062440~2.
    FDA rules TODAY that ingredient in Benadryl and Sudafed from pharmacy shelves doesn't work | Daily Mail Online
    Took me a few minutes to find an original pic that wasn't all grainy as hell.
    It looks like they want to ban oral use of Phenylephrine. The FDA is claiming the Phenylephrine is immediately broken down by digestive processes rendering it ineffective.
    But Phenylephrine nose spray will still be available.
    What shitty timing right before cold and flu season.
    I'm not saying buy Phenylephrine. I'm saying all the most popular cold and flu medications use it, they'll get pulled, creating an intentional cold and flu medicine shortage since drug companies have been manufacturing this shit all year, have wearhouses full of it and now possibly can't sell it. Not because it's dangerous but because one of the ingredients doesn't do anything.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    Kamp Krap and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sudafed PE - the 'fake' sudafed with the component they say is ineffective has NEVER worked for myself or anyone in my family. We tried using this crap when the state government started the "show your id for anything with Pseudoephedrine in it, like Allegra-D.
    Give me Pseudoephedrine over phenylephrine anyday, just wish I didn't have to feel like a criminal by begging the gov for my monthly allotment.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Guess I'll be going to Costco and stocking up on Benadryl Have a bad allergy to shellfish I know it works from experience. CDCis full of shit don't trust them for a minute.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

@johnbb , looks like it's a specific type of Benadryl, the "Benadryl Allergy Plus Congestion" and not the regular Benadryl. I was just looking at the Benadryl ingredients and only a few of the products have phenylephrine, most are just diphenhydramine HCI.

johnbb likes this.
  5. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Hmm....Seems like some enterprising Small Pharma companies (perhaps 3rd world) could change minute concentrations of the ingredients on the labels of the banned products, and gain new customers (ie increase market share to the detriment of American products), making some money while doing so. It could be an attack on trusted brands Americans have known for decades in exchange for some foreign-made mystery concoctions that aren't necessarily true to their labeling.

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Big Pharma changing things up to increase profits during their "New" plandemic!
    I remember back when all the good cold and flu meds got pulled from the shelves cause the Meth Heads were buying it all up and cooking meth out of it, so we got "New and Improved" meds that couldn't be cooked into meth, but they also didn't do jack and shit!
    Wife and I got scripts for the good stuff, so we can get it when needed, but those days are not going to last much longer, especially with the new season of treason right around the corner!

7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Here's an idea. Start taking out the "Nazi meth" cookers who ruined a great way to combat nasal decongestant, with a drug that ruins lives. Then, maybe, we can go back to using good old Sudafed?

Itchba, Tempstar, Kamp Krap and 2 others like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It is misleading, and unhelpful to describe meth(amphetamine) as 'Nazi meth' Yes, although the German military in WW2 were early adopters of amphetamines for use by its soldiery as a stimulant in combat, It has to be said that the allies (British and American) also made wide use of amphetamines (known as Benzedrine).

If one need bandy cheap slurs, then why not honour the Japanese who invented the drug, and refined the manufacture processes for more efficient production. History of Meth

Yes, illicit meth amphetamine cookers have forced Government authorities to restrict availability of pseudoephedrine as a precursor ingredient of illicit crystal meth manufacture, which consequence restricts the ingredient for licit purposes. Governments act to reduce supply....by investigating and prosecuting raw materials suppliers, cookers, dealers / distributors, and restricting the availability of facilities and raw materials; and on the demand side, by funding drug diversion and rehabilitation, and by prosecuting users.

Yes Methamphetamine does ruin lives...however it has to be said that supply exists to meet and promote demand....no demand, supply becomes unprofitable relative to risk. I am not suggesting that all measures ought not be used to go after cookers and distributors...they are like cockroaches, the profitability will continue to attract replacements as the supply side 'entrepreneurs' are removed from the market.

Although Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) tablets may not be readily available as an OTC pharmaceutical,( they apparently are available on prescription), and the nasal application of phenylephrine (as far as I can tell) continues to be effective because it has a different delivery method of uptake of the active ingredient, than the tablet form, if somewhat less convenient, and possibly more disagreeable for the user.

Nasal sprays sometimes also have side effects and limitations: only use as directed.

9. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I remember years ago they were talking about making any OTC herb or vitamin making health claims, to be labeled as prescription drugs.Its mostly about money.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7