Fear factor "revisited"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Jul 7, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I was clicking thru channels and landed on the "FAUX" news channel...when al at once.....
    along the bottom, the ticker read:
    something with regards to the current "global warming/planet changes"
    being far worse than the threat from "Nazi Germany"...?
    Did I miss something?
    I mean huh?
    Say what?
    I've about heard it all now!
    This is just ludicrous!

2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Al Gore said it was like getting the UK to take the threat from Nazi Germany seriously, I take it he was talking about the era of appeasement. I think it's a pretty lousy metaphor.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Al Gore: Climate-Change Fight Like Battle Against Nazis

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 [​IMG]

• Print
    • <SCRIPT src="http://w.sharethis.com/widget/?tabs=email%2Cweb&charset=utf-8&services=digg%2Cfacebook%2Cmyspace%2Cdelicious%2Cstumbleupon%2Ctechnorati%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2Cyahoo_bmarks%2Cyahoo_myweb%2Cwindows_live%2Cfriendfeed%2Cnewsvine%2Cmixx%2Cfurl%2Cmagnolia%2Creddit&style=rotate&publisher=ccd2a158-6cce-4bbc-afa8-1d2dc62fe84c&headerbg=%23c9cad4&linkfg=%230f0fa9&embeds=true" type=text/javascript _extended="true"></SCRIPT>ShareThis
    Al Gore on Tuesday compared the battle against climate change with the struggle against the Nazis.
    The former vice president said the world lacked the political will to act and invoked the spirit of Winston Churchill by encouraging leaders to unite their nations to fight climate change.
    He also accused politicians around the world of exploiting ignorance about the dangers of global warming to avoid difficult decisions.
    Speaking at Britain's Oxford University at the Smith School World Forum on Enterprise and the Environment, sponsored by the Times of London, Gore said, "Winston Churchill aroused this nation in heroic fashion to save civilization in World War II."
    He added, "We have everything we need except political will, but political will is a renewable resource."
    Gore admitted that it was difficult to persuade the public that the threat from climate change was as urgent as the threat from Nazi Germany.
    • Click here to read the rest of this story in the Times of London.

Now this is just unbelievable!
    and somone VOTED to give this "individual" the "Nobel Prize"?
    Something has gone terribly wrong in our society!
    ShareThis<IFRAME class=stframe id=stframe style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px; body: transparent" name=stframe src="http://wd.sharethis.com/share3x/lightbox.3.9.2-rc1.html#init/tabs=email%2Cweb/charset=utf-8/services=digg%2Cfacebook%2Cmyspace%2Cdelicious%2Cstumbleupon%2Ctechnorati%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2Cyahoo_bmarks%2Cyahoo_myweb%2Cwindows_live%2Cfriendfeed%2Cnewsvine%2Cmixx%2Cfurl%2Cmagnolia%2Creddit/style=rotate/publisher=ccd2a158-6cce-4bbc-afa8-1d2dc62fe84c/headerbg=%23c9cad4/linkfg=%230f0fa9/embeds=true/sessionID=1247010972631.912/fpc=7639673-12257a55f33-5622ee6b-2/pUrl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.survivalmonkey.com%252Fforum%252Fnewreply.php%253Fdo%253Dpostreply%2526t%253D12807" frameBorder=0 width=353 scrolling=no height=598 allowTransparency></IFRAME>[​IMG]

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Faux news loves to scare people, all news channels do but fox seems particularly fond of it. I vividly remember them covering the swine flu with "Is this the new black death".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7