Federal Bullet Test Video

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Federal Bullet Test Video <hr style="color:#ffffff; background-color:#ffffff" size="1"> An excellent demonstration and pretty much as expected.
    I wish they would have shown the smaller calibers for those trying to bear hunt with a 22.[CRC]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/federalp.../2/nMKvetaMqhE

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

After they introduced "Johann", I couldn't stop laughing. Just the way they say his name is comical. [lolol]

I was actually surprised by the ballistic tip performance.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

For our smaller Florida deer, the Sierra Gameking and Nosler BT are about perfect. Don't need the extreme penetration of the Barnes.
    A buddy bagged five deer last year using a Thutty-thutty with 170 gr. Semi Jacketed Flat Point - "Old School!" All his shots were under 100 yards.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I actually have used the BT 165's for years and they have work flawlessly.

5. Brokor

That's cool. The way they penetrated that bone and kept going was a real eye-opener.

6. Seawolf1090

I found the Barnes bullet interesting - smashed the bone, then proceeded the whole length of gelatin SIDEWAYS!! That would hurt......

7. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

I'm Wondering how that Barnes bullet would do against light armor. I know allot of IED's use Copper to form a projectile that will penetrate light armor so it would make sense this may as well.

Jason

8. Seawolf1090

Those "SQUASH HEAD" IEDs use a searing molten high speed jet of copper - a bit different than a mere bullet. Want to penetrate body armor..... drill a hole in a Softpoint, and insert a sharpened piece of drill stock - makes a hard penetrator! Jacket and lead peel away while the needle continues through - THAT would mess up the target's day......

9. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I have some Hirtenberger (Sp?) SP 308 150 grn rounds. These are the most devastating rounds I've ever used on deer. The Internet search I did showed that Hirtenberger used the game king bullet. I may start working my own load with them.

10. Brokor

Yeah...but, the copper in an IED becomes super-heated plasma like a rail gun.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7