Fenix CL25R Lantern

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Oct 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Well, I like all kinds of gear including lights. I like the Fenix brand. Been using them for years and they have done well by me. So when I bought a new bike light, I bought a lantern too. I already have a bunch including the Fenix CL20, which I like. But I bought the CL25R anyway. The CL25R comes with a 18650 rechargeable battery that can be recharged in or out of the light. And the light can be used while plugged in to a power source.

Here's a link: Fenix CL25R LED Rechargeable Lantern - Fenix-Store Not affiliated, just a long time customer. But there are other sites that charge much more. I have seen $78. This site is right at about $60. And here is a discount code if you see one that you like. APP10 for a 10% discount. I used that one.

The lantern itself is not much larger than the CL20, which runs on 2 AA or 1 CR123. So the CL20 gives you more battery flexibility. But I carry a PD35 when camping anyway and a Nitecore headlamp that also uses 18650's. And I take a USB battery charger and spare battery. So I am good to go there.

What got me was the moonlite mode. 600 hours on a usable 0.8 lumens. I put the Hydroflask for perspective.

[​IMG]

Medium - 50 lumens for almost 24 hours

[​IMG]

High - 200 lumens for 5 hours

[​IMG]

Turbo - 350 lumens for over 2 hours

[​IMG]

You can't see too much difference between medium and turbo in the pictures, but you can by eye. When I take it camping, I will try to remember actions shots form camp.

Yard Dart, vonslob, techsar and 6 others like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Little monkey got sunburned today, so I cut her some aloe to rub on. Also took the Fenix CL25R for an outside picture.

[​IMG]

It is on turbo at night. Observations... the light radius is larger and brighter than it appears in the picture. The statue is about 20 or so feet from the lantern. The lantern itself is not as intense as pictured. But it is bright enough to see clearly for a 20-30' radius. Maybe more.

Ganado likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I picked up a new bike light too. It arrived right before my trip, so I didn't get to try it out yet. I ordered a Fenix BC30R. But they sent me the slightly brighter and more expensive BT30R. So when they sent the correct light over, I compared them before mailing the original back today. I like that the BT30R is brighter, but do not like the mounting by rubber band and do not like the separate battery pack. The BC30R is slightly less bright, but does not have a separate battery pack. It has a quick release on a screwed on mount. And it has an indicator showing remaining run time.

Anyway, here are the lights. Picture taken indoors during the day, so the lights are both really bright. 1800 vs 1600 lumens on turbo.

BC30R at 1800 lumens

[​IMG]

NC30R at 1600 lumens

[​IMG]

1. Alanaana
    Media

Hi_I'm_Carl

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 17, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Motomom34
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Ganado
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hot diggity
  9. OldDude49
  10. DKR
  11. RouteClearance
  12. Motomom34
  13. Yard Dart
  14. Motomom34