Fiction - The Crack

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by SHTeconomy, Aug 4, 2010.

1. SHTeconomy

SHTeconomy Monkey+

Another story I've been playing with. It's about a worse case for the gulf oil well. Let me know what you think!

The Crack – Part 1 | SHTeconomy.com

Thanks for reading!

2. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

You wrote that??? WOW...Nice job...You certainly have writing talent!

3. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Yep, that was a great story.

Chris

4. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Holy moley!! Is this possible?It makes enough sense to me that if I lived near the coast I'd be wanting to move..I'm glad I'm in good ole Tennessee..

5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Well, I was kinda disappointed...this was too "flash in the pan" for my taste.

Seemed like a one hour TV show where they get out to 59 minutes and just chop it off without making much sense or developing the potential, because they are out of time.

OK...main character to date buys the farm.....but what happens to everyone else as a result of "the crack" ?

A good story, to me, is one that I can find myself thinking "what would I do", or "how would this affect me"

6. AKM.

AKM. Monkey+

I enjoyed it; short and sweet.

Would be nice to have a second bit told from a land lubbers perspective and the ongoing repercussions of the explosion.

7. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

You could turn this into a full-sized novel fairly easily. Have it focused on the main character’s family, which allows his death to have an impact on everyone else as well. If you integrate the first sections – the march to disaster – with bits about his family, it gives it a sense of both scale and a normal life turned upside down.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
    Have his son/brother as a police officer, with his wife fleeing the city as you suggested.

Chris

8. Axiom

Axiom Monkey+

I thought the story wasn't finished yet.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

That's all?
    I wanted and was looking forward to much more...!

10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

OP's link is broken..

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

OP's site is inaccessible. He has another thread, also inactive and broken links.

12. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Maybe a case of 'let me know what you think......but if I don't like it, I'm gone...."

13. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

Or maybe after 17 years he gave up

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7