Finally TRUTH about Slavery in Africa to the Americas.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Feb 1, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Having actually learned about History v having a class or two, I have explained the facts to many of the 2000 plus years of how Africans sold their own that they bought or overpowered.

Whites take all the heat while others want to blame those they think are the cause but are in fact ignoring the facts.

How many generations will demand pay back while now living a better life than their ancestors or even a better life than their relatives that are still in Africa?

Nah you won't see this type article on CNN.

An African country reckons with its history of selling slaves

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    sarawolf, Gator 45/70, Dont and 2 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The controversy about de Souza's role is telling. Somewhat of a parallel with (say) R. E. Lee. YMMV, uv cuss.

HK_User likes this.
  3. HK_User

And now with DNA many are finding out they were never of the slave group and instead were slavers off spring.

sarawolf, ditch witch and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. I agree about the slavers, Was quite shocked to learn about this from my H.S. Geometry teacher. Still exists in India and Africa. But, just like the drug culture, slavery is a demand driven market. No demand, no need to supply the product.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    sarawolf, Bandit99 and HK_User like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's all the Republicans fault.
    At least that's what they want us to believe.

tacmotusn, Dont and HK_User like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Annddd .. I don't care. I didn't own slaves, neither did my parents nor grand parents. My friends, their parent and grand parents didn't pick cotton on a plantation.

tacmotusn, Yard Dart and HK_User like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I travelled on some of the slaving routes in Mozambique (up the Zambezi), it was mostly locals stealing other locals and transporting them down to the coast to be sold off, it was also Middle Easterners that sailed up the Zambezi to steal warm bodies. Dr Livingstone worked up the same routes (I stayed in a place not far from where Mary Moffat was burried) thinking he could end the practice and bring them God.....

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yea , there's been a lot of facts of that era left out of the teachings of that time. But even when the truth is told , it seems to be quickly set aside and forgotten. It doesn't fit their agenda. Make the slavers pay the retributions , not that I believe any should be paid , because I believe we've already been paying that for years already. That debt is paid in full , in my opinion.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The history rewriters would have you believe white Americans when over to Africa and just captured Africans and brought them over.
    HA!

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My family were not even in the U.S. until 1851 at the earliest, with the major number arriving after the 1918 murder of the Romanovs!
    We never owned Slaves, so I feel no guilt what so ever over their complaints, and I WILL NOT be made to PAY reparations, PERIOD!

tacmotusn, sarawolf and mysterymet like this.
  11. HK_User

It matters not what my ancestors did or did not do concerning slavery. I am not responsible for what they did or might have done. I do know that many today are just looking for a scapegoat to use as an excuse as to why they have so many cultural problems. On one hand many celebrate their ancestor's past from their home land, then again they blame only others of another cultural background for their own self imposed cultural problems that continues to teach hate at their own dinner tables.

I do feel blessed that my folks never taught us to hate any particular culture, class, religion or color of humans. Those who would not provide for their families were certainly vilified as a person not welcome in our home nor would they have been hired in our family business. Examples enough abound as who is or is not worthy off our help. We judged and yes as you raise your kids you do need to judge and teach your kids about who is worthy of your time and trust of singular people and gangs that only want to take what you worked for.

And that brings up slavery of today. If I am required by law to provide for any person or group then I have become a slave for those people. Not a lot different from the slavery of the 1600s, just another group wanting to use and have control over other lives, children and freedom to chose.

12. HK_User

Yup I have often imagined and then tried to explain to others, what a small crew of sailors would have been like in the 1700s. Tired, weather beaten after too may call outs "All hands to the rigging a storm is coming." bad food and wanting only to get fresh provision, food that was bug free and water that did not taste like the green slime that lined the insides of the wood cask made theirs a hard life.

Now imagine those 20 tired sailors "Raiding" a village and bringing on board several hundred armed and angry villagers and shackling them in the special built ships built by the Money Lenders of the day. Nope that just does not compute.

tacmotusn, Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

With all the racial pot stirring going on in the USA, you would think intelligent people would fully investigate the subject properly with a world view of a growing nation as well as what was going on all over the world at the same time. Then there is the adage of ... if you want the cold hard truth, follow the money and it will get you to the root cause and effect. All that said, I stumbled on this article this morning and thought I should post a link to it here. Students Don’t Know Slavery Was a Central Cause of the Civil War, Report Shows The second adage would be those ignorant of the past are bound to repeat it. .... or at least make mistakes or act inappropriately with regard to the subject.

14. ghrit

Zimmy, Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  15. HK_User

Yup, best described as a political operating point. Slavery was on the way out all over the "civilized world" and had been for several years.

Zimmy, sarawolf, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It was mostly Muslim there were slave traders and pirates pleaguing the water ways to begin with, there's a long history of this .
    It is common knowledge that tribes sold off other tribes to slavery ,so blaming people of other countries slaves were sold is just wrong.
    As for those that are actual descendants of actual slaves the should be thankful to have been fortunate to live here ,it is likely that had their parents not been brought here, they probably would not have survived other wise .
    In those days a good working slave got the attention a man gave a race horse, ,good food and good doctoring. In some instances ,one would rather be a slave than be on their own .

17. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Frankly, I think that article "Students Don’t Know Slavery Was a Central Cause of the Civil War, Report Shows" is a load of crap!
    I think, if asked, students would say, first and foremost, slavery was the cause but they would be hard pressed to state any of the other numerous reasons which indeed were more important and lead to the hostilities.

Furthermore, I honestly believe if one looks hard at the slavery issue concerning the start of the Civil War that one would find it was relatively minor as a cause, at least in the beginning, so much so that Lincoln himself was prepared to allow slavery to continue and not obstruct it if it would avoid war. However, I freely admit that later on, during the war, by a move of political genius, it became the main and definable reason for the war when a reason and cause was needed after the deaths of hundreds of thousands and hundreds of thousands more deaths were needed.

Also, I am not sure slavery is such a big deal for the bitterness that seems to taint this country today. I think it was the years AFTER slavery that causes the bitterness. I think if the Southern people were treated better after the war and equality to the blacks was freely given and accepted so there were no segregation, no Jim Crow laws, no KKK, no need for a Civil Rights movement, then we would not have the problem we have today. However, reality bites, and when 600,000+ men die and a large portion of the country was completely devastated and the Southern people held responsible...there has to be cause and reason and blame. Much the same as what happened after WW1 in Germany, the stabbed-in-the-back myth...just my opinion.

18. ghrit

The facts remain, there was (still is?) slavery, the Civil War was fought and nobody really won. The causes and effects of the Civil War can be argued endlessly, but TODAY is the issue. Reparations? Race relations? Racist ravings of political figures? Racial divides? Looking back over 140ish years will not be too awful productive, methinks, when you currently have pot stirring loud mouths (that would be YOU jesse, YOU maxine, YOU cory, and yes YOU Eric) getting face time in the media.

HK_User, Bandit99, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I think the south has already paid the price for slavery with the deaths of our soldiers fighting a war brought on by the other side.

20. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@ghrit "the Civil War was fought and nobody really won."
    You lost me there.... Please, explain?

....as for the Jesse, Maxine, Cory and all the others, it's just a thing they do for money and power. They are actually feeding off the race thing and this is why they cannot let it die and it never will.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7