Fire from a Can of Coke and a Chocolate Bar

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by kckndrgn, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Brook

Brook Monkey+++

I can fish in the lake below me and catch catfish ... sorry, not my cup of tea.. rather eat mud.

I can fish in the lake down the road 1.5 miles and catch cats, bass and stripers.

I can go about 6 miles and fish in the aquaduct and catch stripers, bass and ??? not sure cause I don't fish.

I will let you guys fish... and I will trade you canned fruit, fresh eggs, meat, butter and cheese. Or fresh vegetables from my garden or fresh fruit from my trees.

Don't need any of those things? I am a pretty darn good sewist! you describe it and I can make it. No? Let's barter then.

I am still eating the chocolate.

brook

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Brook,
    I can understand where you are coming from. For me fishing is rather relaxing. If I get something great, if not, I'll find another food source, providing I don't already have something in mind.

And if ye want to barter, we have a thread going on what you would barter with. One of my knacks is working on small engines, basic work usually, but when I can get it working I can barter. In fact I currently do that. A buddy of mine got his oldest a non-working go-kart. I waited until the kid asked me to help fix the motor, then we got down to bartering. He ended up watching my daughter while the adults went to watch a movie.

Ryan

P.S. and yes, I would rather eat the chocolate than use it polish that can, but if it meant staying warm and being able to cook some other food, then I'm doing it.

1. Bishop
    [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 17, 2023, 3 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  2. chelloveck
  3. chelloveck
  4. Merkun
  5. Bishop
  6. AndyinEverson
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Oddcaliber
  10. Motomom34