Firearms For Females

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Shooting .357 Mag Ammunition for Practice, would be a Personal Choice, rather than any kind of Rule, oe Policy... AND would significantly depend on the weapon, of choice... Example: AlaskaChick (my wife) Started out shooting my 1903 Colt Pocket Auto, in 38ACP, when we were first Married... I purchsed a Lamma .380ACP AUTO for her Protection Weapon, soon thereafter... Then I made a BIG Mistake... I let her shoot my Brand New FN Browning HiPower 9MM... She decided that it should be “ Our Gun” and I only got to shoot it when I packed it for Travel... That lasted untill I rec eived my First FFL, and I could afford to buy her her own Weapon.? She got to shoot her Father’s Dan Wesson .357 Mag and decided with the Pistol Pac, it was just right for her, so i got her one in Stainless, which she has had for three decades, now. She has NEVER shot a single 38 Special round thru it in all that time... We regularly “Recycle” our Glass Bottles, by chucking them off the dock, out into the Inlet, and blasting them into dust... Minimum range is about 25 Yards, and usually it is “One Shot, One Kill” for her using the 8” Barrel Mounted... When she travels, she mounts the 2” Barrel for. Concealled Carry purposes... She can shoot all day long, with no issue with her DW, but when she switches to our S&W 29 w/6” Barrel, (44. Mag) her wrists, start to hurt after about 12 rounds... My Handgun weapon of choice is the FN Browning HiPower, carried in a Custom Shoulder Rig... We have always reLoaded, or manufactured, ALL our own Ammunition, from the beginning, because the 38 ACP was already obsolete when I first got it, and very rare if ever for sale... Back in the Day I was a Class 6 Ammunition OEM, but gave that up, when we moved to the Alaskan Bush, and moved away from my Customer Base... over three decades ago.. Now we just shoot for fun, and to empty the Glass Bin...

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My wife appropriated my Colt Detective Special, a Ruger LCP, and has a Smith Trooper in the bar loaded with rat shot for snakes. I would like my Detective Special back but no joy.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Take that LCP away from her ASAP. There's no hope of hitting anything with it when your trigger finger is pinched on that LONG pull. LCPII is better, I'm told.

1. AgentPickle
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. hank2222
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. T. Riley
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Motomom34
  8. hank2222
  9. wideym
  10. Ganado
  11. Ganado
  12. AxesAreBetter