Firearms to be banned under an Obama AWB

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Dec 21, 2012.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

damn oldawg I just posted it

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

This would be just another in a long list of "intolerable acts" There are still enough patriots left to answer the call. Old King George learned the hard way that you can only push free people so far. The current crop of oppressors will learn the same lesson. By the vote if we can but if not then another "April 19th" will come. Our founders would expect no less. With their blood they gave us a great nation along with the tools to keep her a free republic. Should the call to the commons come............well,we each will make our own decision.

kellory, NotSoSneaky and tacmotusn like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Will they ban old rags, glass beer bottles and gasoline?

4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

LOL Tac, I've had my coffee and am on my game!

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Amen Brother !!!

oldawg likes this.
  6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

That article was from NOV.

Listening to the rhetoric, Dianne Feinstein says that she will ban the manufacture, importation, and transfer. I am pretty sure that is the direct quote.

The way I see it, there are a couple options...

There could be a similar ban as last time. This has the best chance of being passed. If that is the case, parts will still be available, pre-bans will go for a premium. Your best option is to grease and safe your prebans with plenty of mags. Build a post ban with stubby fixed stocks and pinned comps (we have great comps these days... better than the mini-y's that we were stuck with last time) and add a few training mags. Shoot that post ban to death on the weekends and save the good stuff for when its needed. Squirrel away replacement parts for both pre and post ban rifles.

Or...

Parts will be banned as well. In that case, you have what you got. With BCGs going at $300 and rifles having doubled in price, the buying is finished. Grease and safe those pre-bans. Keep a shotty or lever gun for home defense. Build a sweet bolt action for hunting... my hunting rifle is a SCAR. SCARs are going for $4,750 on Armslist right now.... I am not hunting with a 4K rifle. The practical bolt action that Cooper was famous for comes to mind for a GP rifle. Think about the dip in the economy from driving the whole industry in the ground... guns are the one part of the economy that does well during times like this. Most of that boom is driven by these popular rifles.

Or...

This all blows over in a month and the Democrats decide it's not worth losing the next 2 elections.

Also of note, the ban on transfer is interesting... this could mean a closing of the private transfer or classifying AW as NFA. I built carbines for both my girls so how am I going to work out passing them on? I am sure all this will be on the table... its going to have a bit more discussion this time.

Just some of my thoughts. This was too many shootings too close together with too many dummycrats in office. We are about to get F*cked.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The number of guns in private hands is huge. Forced confiscation is too impractical for even the most ardent of banners, once they get a sniff of the cost in manpower, time, and treasure to carry it off (even if it's "for the children".) That leaves the gentle art of coercion; heavy handed threats with a few well publicized cases to pursuade folks to voluntarily turn in the banned items. The arrests will get unreal publicity, but the cases getting thrown out of court or nolle prosequi won't (even the courts have budgets.)

The whole deal stinks, but like werewolf rumors, it ain't never gonna die. Carry on, folks, discretely of course.

(And yes, I'm an optimist. There is common sense out there somewhere.)

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If they collect a very large number of hard to find guns in warehouses, for what ever end purpose....they will be robbed, and those guns will be DIRECTLY in the hands of criminals.[gun]

tacmotusn likes this.
  9. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

was at my local gun shop today and nearly everything is off the walls all the ar15 except 2 that are 22,s and my friend there said that the magazines that come with them will be banned as they hold 25 rounds. there had to be at least 40 cars there and it was packed inside even bolt action rifles were going and I saw women buying pistols too and the ammo has rose in price too. then I went next door to the archery store and it was packed ?? what next a ban on bows and arrows. they had sold al their arrows

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

11. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

There's a lot of sellers on Armslist that didn't read the memo.I saw an AR listed for over 2000 bux. I don't know what's worse,the banners or the gougers.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Getting 2K for a $800 rifle is ridiculous.

Ammunition is getting scarce also.

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles

by AWR Hawkins 3 Jan 2013, 6:13 AM PDT

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.
    However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.
    Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.
    And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.
    For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.
    While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.
    Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.
    The bottom line: A rifle ban is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. We face far greater danger from individuals armed with carpenters' tools and a caveman's stick.
    And it seems fairly obvious that if more people had a gun, less people would be inclined to try to hit them in the head with a hammer.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7