Firearms training by alternate means

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jim2, May 4, 2013.

1. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I've started using BB guns, and air soft type CO2 powered guns for training en lieu of burning irreplaceable ammunition. While it is not the same in all aspects, this training saves time, money, and resources for me. I can also keep my hand in accuracy wise doing some off hand shooting with an accurate pellet gun.

I also want to try out some CO2 powered air soft against some friends for close range tactical training.

How many others do something similar?

Jim

2. Pistolero

Pistolero Monkey++

it is suprising how paintball/airsoft training can aid someone in their combat training. my two sons were finatical with painball as kids. now the one son was in the marines and now the Florida Guard. in both he was top shooter for his class.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I played paintball twice a week when I lived in californication. It does help keep that hand/eye coordination in tune.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's a pellet gun off the deck if I don't go to the range. Helps with the basics. (1 inch on a swinging can at 60 feet is close enough for off hand practice.)

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

BB & Pellet , I spend many a time hunting slugs with the BB , Got real good at hitting them while they peal away.. Rabbits are the pellet choice , But I have just updated/graded my Pellet rifle . All birds are safe , and when the Owls are around & hunting , Rabbits are left alone for them.

Quite & stealth is the future , Seen the Rugar oil cleaning units ? Aluminum Solvent Trap 13 16 16 Thread Oil Filter Adapter Ruger 10 22 10 22 | eBay

hank2222 likes this.
  6. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Some folks on gun forums ridicule anyone who even mention airsoft or bb guns but they can be a valuable for force on force training and some air guns can be used for hunting small game.

Also: don't underestimate the value of dry firing (with snap cap or dummy round) to help develop a smooth trigger pull.

JABECmfg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7