Firearms Trivia

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I was watching an old Humphrey Bogart move the other night, The Maltese Falcon and saw when his partner, Archer, was found murdered, Sam Spade incorrectly identified the weapon used as a Weber-Forsbey .45 8-shot semi-automatic. The correct gun was a semi-automatic revolver. It came in British caliber .455 but was only six shots; they did howerer, make an eight shot version in .38.
    The Webley-Fosbery makes an appearance in the classic film The Maltese Falcon. It is the gun linked to the killing of Sam Spade's partner, Miles Archer. Spade, played by Humphrey Bogart, erroneously identifies the gun (and mispronounces the name as "Foresby"), saying, "It's a Webley-Foresby, .45 automatic, eight shot. They don't make 'em anymore." The original novel gives the correct name. While the .38 calibre did have an eight-round capacity, the .455 (not .45) did not. And though some .455 Webleys were modified to fire the more common .45 ACP cartridge by use of half-moon clips, unless specially modified on an individual basis, there was never a .45 calibre eight-shot Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver. In the original Dashiell Hammett novel the gun is correctly identified as a "Thirty-eight, eight".

Brokor likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Commando (1985)

Matrix goes into battle with an Valmet M78 light machine gun, an Uzi submachine gun, a Remington Model 870 combat shotgun and a Desert Eagle automatic pistol. He also commandeers an M60E3 belt-fed machine gun and an M16A1 "assault" rifle.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You ment to say "A Desert Eagle semi-automatic pistol" Right?..... as in 1985 IMI only made SemiAuto Pistols.... in .357 Mag, and 44 Mag......

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

5. kellory

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3oWbH26Ol6SzlTgjBJVZJ9BOIVqo_M-SN3s5X2l9dt4Yb_htS images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ3YuONJdeD6zDb2pWWW0X6oTBztVwju3o0M2TsYhwSabNCQlK images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2gIAHGtZ-SxE9A7C4YazVS30sQRSciCR0zxx22w4T4s_ac2BvKg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHZbjMr93SlvWHZGmKN59xh7-uQzZLrZRiOO704nioSYA-VyWU8g Drilling-gun-courtesy-krieghoff.co_.uk_. Are these trivial enough?;)

6. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

A Christmas Story (1983)

Ralphie wants a Red Ryder BB gun with compass in the stock. Mom says "you'll shoot your eye out." Gets Red Ryder BB gun. Ricochet hits his glasses, they fall off and he steps on them. Mom believes story that icicle broke them. Dogs eat the turkey. Goes to sleep with Red Ryder BB gun next to him. Best Christmas ever.

Probably my best for guns in movies trivia. Sorry.

AT

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Recently Numrich Arms had an auction for a very nice knuckle duster pistol. The same day I saw their email about the auction I had watched part of a Sargent Preston of the Yukon tv episode where the bad guy killed another guy with that exact pistol. What are the odds?

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Braingle: 'The Gun Quiz' Trivia Quiz
    Quiz - Gun quiz - YouThink.com
    What Firearm Fits You Best? | Quizfarm.com
    gun trivia quizzes....

My Scores
    A You got 9 correct out of 10, or 90%. (I missed the weight of the Egyptian assault rifle)
    Show how everyone else scored​

Your Score: 100%
    A

You Scored as Assault Rifle
    You are soldier. Or you want to be a soldier. Or you just love military-type firearms. You need assault rifle. M16 or AK-47 will do good.

Assault Rifle
    75%
    Pistol
    56%
    Sniper Rifle
    56%
    Shotgun
    19%
    Revolver
    19%
    SMG
    0%
    Machinegun
    0%

9. kellory

Pistol_Ring. this looks interesting. A finger ring pistolet.

Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7