First aid books - 68W to basic

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by DKR, Jun 25, 2021.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

http://index-of.es/Varios-2/68W Combat Medic Skills.pdf

You can buy this book in hard copy - I have, but the book is not cheap. Before you put down your cash, here is the pdf of the book, this will allow you to determine of the value - for you - is there given the cost of the publication.

About 1/3 of this work is all but useless for a non-active duty person - the remainder, however, is excellent.

Having spent many years working in military ERs, I strongly suggest you have a good first aid kit and manual to go with it. Read the manual in advance!

and alternative is the
    A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine
    by Eric A. Weiss
    https://savannaharsenal.files.wordp...nsive-guide-to-wilderness-travel-medicine.pdf

these can be purchase as a softcover from several sources. Use the pdf to review, then buy the book...you know, batteries not included...

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I know this book well! LOL
    I would say, for the civilian with some basic trauma care training, you would get about 40% use out of it, the rest really needs proper training and more specialized kit! Not a bad idea to have for the Oh, Shit, what can I do, better do something or else he/she/it might die!
    There is a new version ( possibly an addendum ) which covers emergency Animal ( Dog) Trauma care, THIS is something very nifty to have, I have not seen a copy of it since I retired, but if I find one, will post it up here

3M-TA3 likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

This is great, DKR! Thanks much! I will add them both to my collection.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That's the one! Great find, adding that one to the collection! Thanks biggly!

3M-TA3 and DKR like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7