first city in the US to ban junk food

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Sep 24, 2020.

1. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

You mean kinda like putting the cigarets behind the counter?

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Cigarettes are also behind the counter because they are a small high value item that would be shoplifted as much as purchased. It's also a semi controlled substance that requires age verification to purchase. Beer, wine, and in most states liquor is not behind the counter because the State has no agenda against alcohol. The State DOES have an agenda against tobacco.

What Berkley is doing is nanny state intrusion that is just the beginning of choice elimination. Wait until the Health Care system fully breaks down and is replaced by single payer. Now that the Gov holds the purse strings all sorts of "bad behavior" will be discouraged and "good behavior" will be forced to help "cut costs" so we can "provide care for all and not just "the selfish". At least that will be the reason given the public.

OldDude49, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Almond Joy.

HK_User likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I remember my poor Mother shopping for groceries with two or three children (me and my sisters), we were bad enough in the store but we were worse in the check-out lane. There she was trapped, a buggy of groceries in front of her and another behind her, hemmed in on both sides by shelves of candy, and three little savages howling for bloody murder! Apache ambushes were tame by comparison! Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all, I know that my Mother would approve.:)

VisuTrac, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It's hard to pay bribes in goods and services. That is why the US Government didn't remove the old currency from circulation when they introduced the new bills...too many powerful people had lots of money that they couldn't explain and hadn't paid taxes on. I suppose that pay-offs and bribes could be paid with jewelry, gold, art work, hookers, favors, etc., but cash can't be beat.
    Remember the Congressman that had $60,000 in his freezer?

3M-TA3, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7