First Post Hoosier

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whiteoak, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I do have a
    Hoosier
    key chain scratching wedge !! Given to me by a Hoosier Friend . Now back in SC due to the turn down .

2. den_hart

den_hart Monkey

A scratching wedge? So you're in SC....coolness. What turn down? How is the weather over in those parts of the woods??

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

NO Sir , Im on the wet coast of NA . Sleuth is now in SC after the 2008 crunch , back on the Fam farm I understand .The wedge was given out to lottery ticket folks to remove the cover coating. This is how I found out about hoose all about . I picked to live on the cleanest area / air / water as I can , and away from the madness , or I was in the 70's .

Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You and me, Sloth... We only have to worry about Fukashima, blowing up again... The rest is just Window Dressing.....

5. EDCraziness

EDCraziness Monkey

Wish there were more peppers down here my way. Most seem to be up around Indy.

6. den_hart

den_hart Monkey

Hello ED...what part of IN are you from?

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sounds like me. I grew up eating hunted meat, veggies from the garden and homemade bread. I left it all and moved to the "better Life", yeah right... I am now in the process of relearning all that my parents and grandparents did. People say they are preppers, I realized that my parents are the original preppers. My grandma was raised during the depression, I used to wonder why she washed and saved her aluminum foil. She was smart.

Well anyways, welcome to the monkey. Wonder site full of wonderful people. Enjoy!

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome, I have no ideal what a Hoosier is ?
    I speak and understand many forms of southern-ese from Georgia-ese to Texan-ese and Flat talking people from down Da Bayou including Bubba-ese and oilfield terminology, Hoosier is something to do with firefighting perhaps ?
    Again Welcome.

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. den_hart

den_hart Monkey

Lol Gator. A Hoosier is someone from Indiana....typically someone born in/ raised and or living there.

10. EDCraziness

EDCraziness Monkey

Sorry. My phone just alerted me to a follow up post.

I'm here sitting on the banks of the Ohio. Small town (I actually live out in the country side) about an hour East of Evansville.

Sent from my ridiculously large Galaxy Note 2.

11. den_hart

den_hart Monkey

Wow that's cool. So are you living off grid or looking to find/start a community? I have been trying to find others with this idea or way of life that may be close to IN.

12. EDCraziness

EDCraziness Monkey

I'm neither off grid nor looking to start a community.

I do however do "prep light".

Just looking to learn all I can.

In roughly 2 years, I'll be going underground. Roughly 2 years after that, hoping to add in solar.

Shortly after that, hoping to go off grid.

Sent from my ridiculously large Galaxy Note 2.

13. den_hart

den_hart Monkey

Wow that sounds cool!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7