First time it is mentioned in print

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by gunbunny, Dec 10, 2012.

1. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I was reading a story on the telegraph, and for the first time I read the D word in print: Depression!

Europe clings to scorched-earth ideology as depression deepens - Telegraph

As I was reading the article, I was starting to wonder about how this subforum was so quiet the last few weeks. When I was done with the article, I read the first page of commentary to get a feel for how everybody else took it. My favorite commentary was this one, from a poster Common Sense033:

"So instead of shutting down the flaming, exploding and failed engines (Greece), they're just going to shove the throttles forward, let the fire spread to the fuel tanks (Germany) and send the entire EU into the ground in a massive flaming fireball of burning Euros?
    This will be worthy of a Michael Bay movie."

tulianr and kellory like this.
  2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

This is the method recommended by Bernanke. By not opening the money spigots, his research into the Great Depression showed that it was the drying up of liquidity that further compounded the depression length ---- hence his nickname, Helicopter Ben, and his statement that he would drop money from helicopters if he had to to keep the economic engine flowing.

We all know what the end result of this is and so doe the money men. They will alway have less fear of an inflationary expansion as a result of flooding of money than a deflationary contraction as a result of lack of money (this is called a deflationary death spiral).

So, get ready for inflation.

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

At least they'll be a kickin' soundtrack.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7