Second Amendment FL bill to require "anger mgmt" class before purchasing ammo

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by CATO, Mar 5, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

This was good for a laugh. I thought "it's a good thing @tacmotusn can reload, cause he'll never pass an anger mgmt class probably taught by fruity lib."

The US Report - The US Report - Florida state senator wants mandate for anger management courses for gun buyers

SB1678 is brought to you by Senator Audrey Gibson (D)
    49 790.06551 Sale of ammunition; mandatory anger-management
    50 program; penalties.—
    51 (1) It is unlawful to:
    52 (a) Sell ammunition to another person who does not present
    53 certification that he or she has successfully completed an
    54 anger-management program consisting of at least 2 hours of
    55 online or face-to-face instruction in anger-management
    56 techniques. The certification must be renewed every 10 years.
    57 (b) Purchase or otherwise obtain ammunition by fraud, false
    58 pretense, or false representation.
    59 (2) A person who violates this section commits a
    60 misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s.
    61 775.082 or s. 775.083. A person who violates this section a
    62 second or subsequent time within 1 year after a prior conviction
    63 commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as
    64 provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.​

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That will NEVER PASS Constituional Muster in ANY Federal Court.

tulianr likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

More draconian attempts to restrict law abiding people. It doesn't surprise me that some female liberal devised this idea, but Florida residents won't stand for it, and I doubt it will pass. It's clearly ridiculous.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Somebody needs to make these anti-gun ninnies to sit in a class on how Americans used to have a special kind of value system . . . or else, they need to go to France. To pass the class, you must successfully watch two straight hours of this video looped.......

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Who says I can't pass an ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS ???
    . [banghead] [nk] [soap]

chelloveck, Motomom34, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  6. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

I am calm, i am calm, ooohhhmmm. Now can I rant, rave, road rage, cus and beat my dogs and wife and girlfriends?
    That little pill sure did help, I love you guys and girls. Wannna sing Kumbaya? Need some yoga time. I feel so good that I wanna move to California............NOT[beat]

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

We have a buddy who is the calmest, most laid back guy you'll ever meet. His ex-wife, during the custody battle, claimed he was "abusive" to the kids because he yelled at them. Apparently one of them spilled a 44 oz slushie in his new truck and he yelled the F word, and the kid told mom. Anyway he was ordered to take an anger management course before the judge would let him have the kids on every other weekend.

He said that no matter what he said, they would twist it to make it sound like he was this raving lunatic. They would ask for an example of a time when he lost his temper, and he was like, um there aren't any but they wouldnt' believe him, so he'd say ok well we went out to eat and there were some drunks near us that were really loud and that kind of annoyed me. Oh so you were angry because other people in the restaurant were loud, and how did you react? Um, well I didn't do anything, maybe looked at them. Oh so you gave them threatening glares to intimidate them into silence? No, I just looked over at them and then went back to my dinner. And then you took it out on your family when you left the restaurant, correct? He said the most pissed he'd ever been in his life was after leaving each of those "classes".

8. BTPost

I would have done just the opposite, and made myself out to be the BIGGEST Angry Dude they had ever seen.... Anyone who knows me Knows that it isn't True, but it doesn't hurt to have a REP, as "That Crazy SOB, that shoots at everyone, who he Sees" Keeps visitors to a minimum... and THEY ALWAYS call first, before showing up... .....
    YMMV....

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

But you don't have to have a Photo ID to Vote.... Hmmmm.....

10. BTPost

Nope, since my Polling Place is 250 Miles away by Boat, or Plane, I vote by Mail... (Absentee Ballot) and I ALWAYS use my Passport for Valid PhotoID, unless I am ACTUALLY Driving, and pulled over.... Passport gives them ALL the Information that I am REQUIRED by Law to give them, which is NAME, Birth Place, and Birth Date, and PROVES I am a Citizen of the USA..... That is it... That is ALL Anyone needs to know, UNLESS I am Driving.... PERIOD..... It REALLY causes "The MAN" to have a FIT, when he doesn't get as Residence Address and other information.... but I am NOT REQUIRED to give him anything MORE, So he can just "Go Pound Sand"....

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am not trying to bring back Jim Crow laws. There is enough stupid going around that all color spectrums of the universe are included. What I would like to see is all politicians being required to take and pass college level courses on the Constitution, American History, and General Math. Additionally they should be required to write and speak fluent English. Beyond that I would address voter qualifications; I would give any registered prior voter over 40 a pass on this requirement. Any first time voter under 40 would be required to pass the Citizenship test with the same score as a new immigrant being naturalized as a citizen. 58 questions out of 96 correct are required. It is not a difficult test. It can be found online. With no thought to study or a preview of the test questions I got 92 out of 96. Stupid people who are swayed easily by the biased mass media need not vote. Most are not responsible productive members of society anyway. Just my two cents. It's all moot anyway, our economy will not survive until January 20, 2017.
    The reason for my (Tacmotusn) above rant is the following news article.
    Florida State Senator Audrey Gibson (D-Jacksonville) introduced legislation on Saturday that would require a three day waiting period for the sale of any firearm and the sale of ammunition for anyone who has not completely and anger management course first.
    Critics of Gibson say she is the “latest example of local lawmakers reaching for constitutionally-dubious solutions to the problem of gun violence.” I say she is violating her oath of office and is committing treason by such actions.
    “This is not about guns,” Gibson said. “This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement.”
    She claims to be concerned about citizens stockpiling ammunition, which she considers to be potentially dangerous should they come in contact with law enforcement agencies or criminals. To that I say, yes it would be dangerous for the criminal and for good reason. As for law enforcement, that would only be an issue if law enforcement were attempting to break the law at the expense of the gun owner.
    “It’s about getting people to think, really, about how much ammunition they need,” Gibson said. “It’s a step, I think, in a safer direction. It’s about getting people to think before they buy.”
    Fox News Reports
    Gibson’s bill does not offer a threshold for the amount of ammunition needed to necessitate the need for anger management courses.
    “It is unlawful to: A) Sell ammunition to another person who does not present certification that he or she has successfully completed an anger-management program consisting of at least 2 hours of online or face-to-face instruction in anger-management techniques,” the bill reads. “The certification must be renewed every 10 years. B) Purchase or otherwise obtain ammunition by fraud, false pretense, or false representation.”
    Those in violation of the bill, if passed, would face a second-degree misdemeanor charge. Anyone found in violation a second time within a year of a prior conviction would face a first-degree misdemeanor charge.
    While Gibson claims that her legislation is not “accusatory” toward gun and ammunition owners and that she is just out to protect her community, that’s not how the executive director of Florida Carry, Sean Caranna, said, “When I first saw it, I thought it had to be a joke. They’re trying to say that anyone who owns a gun or shoots a gun or has ammunition for it needs counseling and obviously has some anger problems.”
    “We’ve got a lot of issues that should be the focus of these bill slots with limited filing, but instead we put in something as ridiculous as this,” he said. “I don’t see a planet where this passes. This is an attempt to grab attention – it has to be. And that’s really disappointing.”
    Jon Gutmacher, an Orlando attorney and author said he expects the bill to be found unconstitutional. “It has no reasonable relationship to anything,” he said. “There has to be a reasonable basis to believe that a person had a substantial anger problem that could cause public harm.”
    “It’s absurd on its face,” he continued. “And anyone who proposes that legislation is in my mind unfit for the legislature because it shows a basic problem with their thinking process, aside from their lack of understanding of what the Constitution is all about. That’s the kind of bill that doesn’t even get past committee.”
    When are we going to put an end to this mess and start removing these people from office and charging them with violating their oath of office? When are we going to hold them accountable for their actions? As Edmund Burke once said, “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Do not allow evil to triumph. Do not do sit by and do nothing.”
    We need good men to do something and not just something, but to stand up and confront these people on their errors and push back against the mounting tyranny we are seeing at the Federal and local level.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/democrat-bill-requires-anger-management-course-for-ammunition-purchases/#ixzz2MoZNi7ND

12. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Hell, makes me angry just reading her tripe.

BTPost likes this.
  13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I'm willing to take the course if the politicians are willing to take a stupidity management course prior to all legislation...

ditch witch and BTPost like this.
  14. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

even with courses ....."YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID"

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7