Flash bang

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Aug 25, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Well, I would strong suggest any backyard chemists trying to make ammonium hydroxide think again.

Sensitive is the best description I can think of as well as 'finger remover'.

May not be an issue, as thanks to meth heads, bulk iodine is tightly controlled these days.

Cruisin Sloth, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I mean REALLY? Ammonium Hydroxide? Like made by mixing Ammonia and water? Give the Chemistry World a break....

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Here is air soft innovations "nail driver blank" signaling device.
    Airsoft Innovations Inc.
    I bought one might be kind of fun.

SB21 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ok I'm going to say that was a waste of $100. I'm sure customs seized it.
    They're busy looking for dangerous toys and letting pallets of heroine and meth in.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can't have a .22 nail driver grenade. But I can have these...
    TAGinn FBG-6 Airsoft Sound Hand Grenade (Quantity: Set of 6)
    If a loud bang isn't good enough how about one filled with plastic BBs.
    TAGinn TAG-67 Airsoft Pyrotechnic Hand Grenade (Quantity: Set of 6)

The "22 blank" nail driver grenade is probably almost harmless. These are lawn dart safe.
    If one of these went off near me, I wasn't expecting it and I got hit by stuff I would probably have some poop come out.
    I wonder how long before some AFT Karen finds these and bans them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Gator 45/70 and Dark Wolf like this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Playing with these is like pointing toy guns at police. They will see an M67 fragmentation grenade with 15M casualty ratio. Expect them to shoot you before you have an opportunity to explain.

What's next? The Airsoft suicide vest?

Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Where did you get all that from?
    Ok we get it you hate air soft.
    I'm just looking for dangerous and fun toys.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Toys are nice, and fun to mess around with… However, if one posses these type of toys, in proximity of Jumpy LEOs, who are not known to be reserved when under stress, then one takes a HUGE Chance of being misunderstood, and or misinterpreted in subsequent actions… That is a risk, I for one, am NOT willing to take on in my normal daily living situation… Being both an FFL, and CCW Holder prudence, and situational awareness would seem to be a much better course of action…

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

So now we're all affraid of toys because of what loose cannon tyrants might do?
    This is a sad day, the monkey died a little today.

SB21, Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Afraid of toys? Not at all. For one thing, those "toys" are capable of harming unwary idiots with the consequential visits to the greybar hotel. Loose cannon tyrants are USUALLY not smart enough to tell the difference between the real thing and a "toy" on first glance. If you want, you can buy replica pineapples to spread around on your coffee table. Not at all sure how bright that would be after the girl scout leader selling cookies sees them and you get a no knock some early morning because you got red flagged.

(They will find my replica if they have a warrant, not otherwise.)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can't leave grenades laying about I have a 2 year old. Why would anyone leave stuff like that out, with kids or without kids running around? It makes no sense.
    Having something that looks like an explosive DD isn't probable cause. There's no state law prohibiting live grenades, pipebombs, ect here. All the locos can do is report me to ATF.
    The ATF knows that about 99.9% of those grenade calls turn out to be inerts.

Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Hang it on your front door ,, put on sign that says ,, " Pull pin for door bell " .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You can't sell nearly harmless "22 nail driver blank" grenades but ones that look real, explode and throw plastic BBs everywhere and one time use, fairly loud, pretty dangerous looking reduced power flash bangs are perfectly fine. Makes no sense.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Having the knowledge and materials to make grenades is one thing, and having grenades is another thing entirely! The first is legal and the latter is not...and will cost you everything you own and get you an extended stay in Federal prison!

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You can form 1 a grenade in most states.

16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Do you enjoy filling out forms and painting a target on yourself?

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Rights not exercised are rights lost even under the heavy restriction of the NFA.
    I got my first nfa weapon back in like 2007 so that ship has sailed.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Screenshot_2023-04-01-12-39-48-1.

Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7