Fleas

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by skyking, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ATF628

ATF628 Monkey+

Clean the pups with a flea shampoo, put a few flea bombs in the house, and leave for a few hours.

Both items can be found at a Target. My cat had flea problems and they were all over everything. Now several months after the shampoo/bombs there have been no fleas at all.

2. Yikes

Yikes Monkey+

I have used Boraxo and it worked. I also grow penny royal around the house. It's a mint type low growing plant.

3. silversam

silversam Monkey+

Borax works. Advantage for the dogs. And you can use joy dish washing soap on the dogs and cats.

4. skyking

skyking Monkey+

thanks for all the help, a fairly good remedy was found in a Bi-polar manic [beat]crazy landlord ,we moved and the flea problem has gone away
    lot's of stress though with curing and now just resting in the peace

5. jack_froste

jack_froste Monkey

i have found through great trial and error and 6 months of itching,
    that a compound made of 10 percent sulfur works wonders on the body ,
    and the pets, bed, couch, shoes ,door jambs, ect, ect , just try not to use to much ,
    little goes a long ways , but it works , works on scabies as well , and ticks,
    the down side is that you will smell like a match head , or fireworks after being burned.
    there are recipes on-line, or these guys are good t fast shipping, http://sulfurointment.com/

and doesn't hurt to have a small tub in your B.O.B, just in case. good luck!

1. Alanaana
  2. DKR
  3. HK_User
  4. BTPost
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. hot diggity
  8. natshare
  9. sec_monkey
  10. Motomom34
  11. GrayGhost
  12. VHestin