'Flesh-eating' STD

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by OldDude49, Aug 26, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

ugh... not something I reckon anyone wants or needs...

yet in this age such things can get around quick... I reckon?

[​IMG]

A rare sexually transmitted disease that causes flesh-eating ulcers on patients’ genitalia has popped up in England, the Lancashire Post reported.

An unnamed female patient, who lives in Southport and is between the ages of 15 and 25, reportedly was diagnosed with donovanosis within the last 12 months.

Donovanosis, which is spread through sexual intercourse with an infected patient, or by coming into contact with a patient's infected ulcer, is typically seen in India, New Guinea, parts of the Caribbean, central Australia and southern Africa.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the painless disease causes progressive ulcerative lesions on the genitals or perineum, which are prone to heavy bleeding.

Patients are at risk of extragenital infections that can occur in the pelvic regions, or in intra-abdominal organs, bones or mouth. The lesions may also develop secondary bacterial infections.

While antibiotic treatment may stop the progression of lesions, patients are at risk of relapse for 6-18 months post-treatment. According to the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH), there have been no prior cases reported in the U.K.

The woman’s case came to light through a Freedom of Information request submitted by chemist-4-u.com, the Lancashire Post reported.

CONSTIPATED MAN NEARLY DIED AFTER FECES-FILLED BOWEL BURST

A pharmacist with chemist-4-u.com told the news outlet that any delay in treatment “could cause the flesh around the genitals to literally rot away.”

An update on the infected patient was not provided, nor was it clear if any sexual partners she had encountered were also infected. Coming into contact with a victim’s bleeding ulcer could be enough to transmit the disease.

The website submitted the request as part of its “The Great British STI Taboo” investigation, which reported that 69 percent of the 1,000 British adults polled had never been tested for an STD.

The investigation also reported that in 2017, 420,000 STDs were diagnosed in England, with chlamydia accounting for 48 percent of cases.

'Flesh-eating' STD allegedly reported in England

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Probably came over with "refugees".

Gator 45/70 and Tempstar like this.
  3. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Monkey+

This isn't new, and it isn't news.....

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I never heard of it before, so it's news to me .

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

News to me too!

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's as likely to have been brought over by a god bothering missionary whose purity pledge was just as frangible as Bristol Palin's.:rolleyes:

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Refugees bring their problems with them.
    Thank you for pointing out the timelessness of the problem.

8. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

It's also not fair to categorize it as an STD. It is transmissible by contact, and fecal contamination, sex is not required at least according to BMJ
    Donovanosis

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Also known as "Danielle". Trust me, you don't want that one.

Gator 45/70 and Dont like this.
  10. chelloveck

Thank you for the link, Soay, nice to get some factual information, instead of a sensationalist moral panic....

@OldDude49 I promise to embrace purity culture Purity Culture Isn't Just About Sex and not share anyone else's underpants...that should protect me against potential infection....:ROFLMAO:

Zimmy, SoaySheep and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Sex may not be the only way to get it, but it is a guaranteed way to get it.

Sensationalist moral panic would be a great solution to the problem.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. chelloveck

Actually, comprehensive sex education, rather than purity pledges would be a great solution to the problem....much better than the "whip it in, whip it out, and wipe it", school yard sex education that I got in the 50's and 60's, or the purity pledge palaver that is promoted on some evangelical websites :rolleyes:

The AIDS epidemic was largely brought under control, at least in Australia, by the introduction of public health education; needle exchange programs (controversial at the time) Australia clean-needle program keeping HIV at bay | Reuters The angels with a box of needles; encouraging the use of condoms, and making condoms freely available to 'at risk' groups in society https://www.burnet.edu.au/system/publication/file/4027/Scott_et_al_2015e.pdf; and to some extent, the decriminalisation of sex work in some jurisdictionsProstitution in Australia - Wikipedia. People will continue to have sex, even in the face of morbid fear...that being the case, comprehensive public, evidence based information is probably going to work better, than some religious response, that crotch rot is god's judgement on poofters....

Perhaps we may yet see clean underwear exchange programs to combat this global scourge of Donovanosis https://sti.bmj.com/content/78/6/452

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Aids is a tiny problem compared to the moral decline in our country. We have millions of fatherless children that look to the television for their roll models. These children are suffering from anger, pain, addiction, hatred, envy, jealousy, lust, strife, bitterness, resentment, competition, depression and have nowhere to turn other than some form of drug to make them feel better. These same children are now having children of their own that are not only missing a father but now the mother is checked out, on some form of drug, prescribed or not, and watching Netflix all night while her kids do drugs in the basement. I remember the wonderful life we had as children even though we were dirt poor and I look around at what I am seeing now and it makes me sad. The suffering and misery of the population seems to get worse every day.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    OldDude49, Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

We are well into the generations where the single parent mother is raising children from an absent father, he is either dealing drugs, in jail, or just not into parenting, and the male children are being raised on the streets or in a gang, and the pattern not only continues, but it is being reinforced and is being transferred to the majority groups in the population. Many of the things that would have caused you to be a social pariah in the 1940's are now accepted and in some groups approaching the norm.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7