Florida school takes student and faculty safety seriously!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Ura-Ki, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looks like the issue of school safety has finally taken hold, while it doesn't address the elephant in the room ( Mental health) it does physically add security, and unlike the current crop of LEO ( Broward County Sheriff Deputies) with "No duty to risk life and limb to protect any one, or anything" at least we know these Veterans will not cower and run away, they will run to the sound of trouble and act!
    School Hires Combat Vets With Rifles To ‘Put Down’ Active Shooters

Brokor, STANGF150, Hanzo and 9 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, Dang right... I support these plans...

Hanzo, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Naturally, David Hogg, the official spokesvictim*, is opposing actually protecting children at school: David Hogg: Fight Effort to Arm Florida Teachers for Self-Defense - Pick The Red Pill

Who, incidentally, hid in a closet far away from where the actual shooting occurred, while the MSM completely ignores the families of the dead and injured**.

** Unless what they have to say fits the agenda. Note that Cameron Kasky no longer gets coverage since he apologized to Marco Rubio and is no longer a recognized spokesvictim.

Hanzo, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Professional SpokesVictims :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Makes my skin crawl, what a bunch of tools!

Hanzo, Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

On another site, a member expressed discomfort with the idea of kids seeing all those guns and armor. To which I asked if he'd yet seen an Israeli kid that was traumatized by armed teachers? I dare say they would be comforted knowing the extent that the school goes to for security, rather than having their psyches distressed by an armed invader bent on doing harm.

Hanzo, Dunerunner, Gray Wolf and 8 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I would feel far more comfortable seeing an armed U.S. Mil. Vet kitted up with battle rattle then the Fatty Cops that most schools have assigned to them!

I also see a mutual gain here, the kiddies get to see what real honor and service looks like, and a little Pro Military imagery might change a few perceptions! I also see some much more positive interactions with former soldiers then one would see with Cops!

Hanzo, Dunerunner, Gray Wolf and 9 others like this.
  7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[applaud] [applaud]

they also need Lucy cams so they can see the bad guys coming, jus sayin

Hanzo, Dunerunner, oldawg and 6 others like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In the Isreali School System, children are taught Firearms Safety and handling, long before they reach the age of Manditory Service... I suspect most Kibuttz Kids are better shots than 95% of our Federal, State, and local, LEOs.... These liberal Snowflakes get upset if they see a half eaten PopTart, that even looks like a Gun... They need to grow a pair, or just slink off and melt away...

STANGF150, Hanzo, Dunerunner and 8 others like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Finally a school with good sense,Louisiana needs to look into this.

Hanzo, Dunerunner, oldawg and 6 others like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I calls them as I sees them, and that's what I sees

11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There are schools in almost every state that would benefit directly by this. Even the knowledge that some teachers might be armed is enough to send most of the cowards to a gun free zone.

Brokor, Hanzo, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Hogg was not at school the day of the shooting. Since his Daddy is with the FBI - I wonder if he kept him at home knowing it was going to hit the fan.

Hanzo, Dunerunner, Gray Wolf and 6 others like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

What i wanna know, why his conflicting stories never got called out! Lets see, what are we the sheeple supposed to believe, the "i hid in a closet on a classroom" " was home playing with the cheese grater in the basement, naked"
    Or "I heard what was happening at the school and jumped on my bike with my camera to document the carnage potentially putting my self in harms way, but doing nothing helpful, just being in the way, my usual M.O"
    Which story is true here? Or, did Mommy and Daddy keep little Davy home to keep him safe so that he could be the new tool of the Ultra Left!

Hanzo, Dunerunner, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Smacks of rumors of that at Oklahoma City.....

Hanzo, Dunerunner, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  15. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Don't forget he also hid behind the body of a dying girl. The one consistent string in all of his stories has been that he is the very definition of of a coward.

Hanzo, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 4 others like this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

"To Protect and Serve" doesn't mean squat!

Hanzo, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  17. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

To Protect my Pension and Serve my own interests.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

They really ought to have a proper vetting process for all school guards to include asking them if they are Democrats, ever seen a psychiatrist, or taking any prescription medication and have access to their medical records to see if they are taking any psychotropic drugs.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7