1. The Topic of the Month for June, 2017 is "Organization" Please join the discussion on the forum.

Folding stocks?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by monkeyman, Jan 19, 2006.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was wondering what might be available that anyone would suggest or recommend avoiding for folding stocks on AKs. I'm thinking a side folder would work best since with the 30 round mags I think it would interfere with swinging it open and closed with a mag in. What I would like to find would be an attachment that would go over the stock I have and into the back of the receiver so that the existing stock would just be able to fold to the side. I really like the wood on this one but would like for it to be able to fold also and with my size the added length wouldn't be a problem. So anyone know if there's anything like that out there? If not what would you suggest?

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

3. Galactus

Galactus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I would at the very least try to keep it legitimate by using a Romanian sidefolding stock as pictured. Below is the stock, then as an example on a Polish Tantal rifle. This stock will easily interchange with at fixed stock with no modification to the stocks or weapons.
    folding_stock_958. tantal_stock_367.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I talked to Mags about it today, if I am not mistaken he said the same thing. Romanian folder. I do remember this, he said "don't buy no crappy folder from Tapco and put it on that Romy!" :lol:

5. monkeyman

I dont recall where and it may have been another kind but am pretty sure I have seen some pics of AKs with wood stocks that fold to the side, are those on a different kind or just an odd ball thing or what? Also what do the Romy side fold stocks like that run?
    I know I would really like to keep the wood stock on it but if the price isnt to bad I might just get one of the Romy side folders like shown and could just swap it out if was doing anything where would want/need the folder on it.
    Galactus, are those some you have? Got any of them you would part with on a low budget?

6. Galactus

That is the picture from the Copes Distributing website.

7. monkeyman

Got their link? How much do they run?

8. Galactus

Search engine [newb]

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

10. monkeyman

Hey Galactus, have you done business with them befor? I was just kind of wondering how they ship and/or how their shipping times are. I just went ahead and ordered a stock, a site adjusting tool and a scope mount from them and now am just wondering when to expect it and such.

11. Galactus

They have received good reviews.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7