followup to the deleted thread about visit to the Cemetery in France

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by sec_monkey, Sep 5, 2020.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

HK_User likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

No doubt in my mind and experience the Pres did what I would have done.
    Many times I have canceled long planned trips due to weather and what I had to accomplish.
    This experience learned from many trips on the road and sometimes the Military's movement orders once trumped my desire to be on a road trip, long, wet, cold and frozen.

I was transferred from coast to coast in the middle of winter and made the trip on time in inclement weather of rain, ice, sleet and snow on a Triumph motorcycle. This was not my choice of time and place but I was not a world leader who we are sure is a target of world extremist.

Haters will always hate and I could have had the Bike shipped or rented a truck and loaded it up for the coast to coast trip. My options were many and still I had the choice on how to complete this permanent transfer. I had few responsibilities at the time and what red blooded American kid would refuse to go on such a trip.

Young, dumb and looking for fun at the time.
    Mine was no comparison to what the Pres had to consider as well as his advisors responsibility.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bolton who had decided in 2017 he didn't like trump at all said it didn't happen.
    The there's the whole unnamed sources part, almost like someone just made it up.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Several named sources who can prove they were there said it didn't happen:
    Here's How We Know The Atlantic's Hit Piece on Trump Is Pure Fiction

By shear coincidence somebody already had a commercial ready to go
    Coincidence? Hours After The Atlantic's Hit Piece on Trump Came a Pre-Produced Commercial

The damage is done, though. it's similar to making a false rape or child molesting claim against an innocent party. They will never be fully trusted again regardless of how well proven their innocence. In a few weeks the Atlantic's role and that of others in this smear will be forgotten, but the story will keep echoing through social media. I bet between now and election day it will show up on a CNN chyron at least a hundred times.

Wonder if all the people who were outraged and said nasty things about Trump will apologize or at least make a statement? Nope, they will only be more pissed that they were wrong.

Expect more fun to come

5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

perhaps the whole point of it is to create a lie... and see who believes?

as so much of this hate seems based on lies... thinkin it will give some plenty of ammo to hate even more...

Ura-Ki, techsar and HK_User like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

People who are rabidly anti Trump will believe and repeat any lie you tell them
    People who are rabidly pro Trump will not believe anything critical of him
    Confirmation bias is powerful stuff and I am reminded of the saying "A lie can make it halfway around the world before the truth can get it's boots on".

It's all about the people who are in the middle.

The question is will they hear the truth at the end of the day? The blatant betrayal by the legacy media to be a propaganda machine will do all within their power to prevent this.

Being on the front lines of an attempt at a new cultural revolution I have a front row seat. Only one of our local media outlets has admitted that the murder of Trump supporter Jay Danielson by an AntiFa operative "appeared to be" premeditated, and you can tell it is difficult for them to report against their normal agenda.

You can make the same statements about any politician or cause. It's not so much a conspiracy against Trump, buet one against our very culture.

Ura-Ki, techsar, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The folks that won't vote for the Orange Man are the same that could care less about WWII or the dead from that war.

The folks that will vote for The Don no matter what, will ignore the story.

Most everyone knows or should know The Atlantic is a batch of east coast liberals suffering from a bad case of TDS - and likely don't read any of the screed they put out anyway.

Net result?
    A lot of meaningless chatter on the web. Haters still gonna hate. Pro still gonna be pro.

Which is why, as a general rule, I tend to ignore all of this BS.

edit to add

this was such an obvious hit piece...how anyone could find it credible is beyond me.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Capt. Tyree and HK_User like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

[flag] Trump. [flag]
    There has never been a president that has fought as hard to succeed as Trump. There should be a bunch of Democrats hanging by rope by now,for what they have done to this country.

Tempstar, Mountainman and HK_User like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Pulp fiction 2020.

Ganado likes this.
  11. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

12. HK_User

mysterymet likes this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If it is bad and about Trump they figure that it must be true and run with it. No need to check if there is any there there, just assume that it is true. Remember the story about Trump removing the bust of MLK from the White House? It didn't happen! That didn't keep the liberal "news" from reporting it and then having to backtrack...they have been doing a lot of that lately.

HK_User and mysterymet like this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Confirmation bias. True believers on both sides are controlled by it, the rest of us to a varying degree. It's not just about looking stupid as we continue to get defensive as it gets debunked, it can lead to a dangerous mistake.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    HK_User likes this.
  15. HK_User

"it can lead to a dangerous mistake"
    Just like the mistake the Dems made in using the picture of a 4 time Vet and his picture in the lead off add about Trump's supposed statements.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  16. HK_User

SB21, ghrit and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

the idea behind such it would SEEM is to get people stirred up... and hope they aren't watchin the backtrack...

news papers used to print bogus stuff on the front page and apologize in small print somewhere inside...

so it's not a new tactic...

3cyl and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7