FOOD FOREST (Gopher style)

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Gopherman, Jun 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Yes, they Are a pretty good place to get Non-GMO food as well. They also carry weird stuff that's hard to locate. like exotic fruit's and Vegetables.
    I like to stop in and see what they have in season a couple times a month, also Oriental food markets have some crazy stuff from time to time. I found Jujube fruit a month ago.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is a good point about using a foreign market. I was at a Hispanic grocer and they had aloe plants that they use for eating and healing. I noticed that the plant at the market was a darker green. It looked like a different species. I am going to go get one because my aloe plant does not look like the aloe that I see for consumption.

Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  3. Gopherman

I have over a dozen pups started from mine this year. Some are getting pretty big and I'm thinking about puting them all in the ground next spring.
    Patience in definitely not one of my virtues!
    I WANT INSTANT GRATIFICATION AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!:D
    It's surprising how often the Adult Plant throws off pups. This is the third batch this season.

Ganado likes this.
  4. Gopherman

An update on Bamboo; DON"T DO IT!!! Unless your prepared to get run over by the stuff it's best not to plant it.
    I asked around about getting some to build trellises with and it wasn't long before I found a guy who said I could have as much as I wanted.
    I went to his house and HOLY CRAP! It took over 5 acres next to his and spread out all over hisproperty as well, It was coming up everywhere, some stalks 20' and better,once it gets to that point forget about it!
    I had successfully gotten 4 to grow to about 6" tall, I killed them and stopped even thinking about that as an option.

Ganado likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Gecko enjoying the fountain
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2024 at 4:03, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    My outdoor orchid blossomed today!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 22, 2024 at 19:09, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    It's time for my yearly lychee progress picture!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7