Food Going To Get Tough In 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

http://www.foodshortageusa.com/Article_01.html

Looks like between all of the shortages due to drought and policy we are going to run into food shortages, higher prices and competition in the stores to fill the pantry in our homes.

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I guess the 'supermarket society' will be suffering some. It is kinda sad when you ask someone where their food comes from and they say "from the store". Time to start stocking up on cocoa powder, sugar, and coffee. SHTF, I will be willing to put up with quite a few 'deprivations' but I am not living without my mochas! I'll kill everyone first! :)

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yes stock up NOW and I mean NOW. Prices have gone up some already but they are going to go through the roof by this fall. Expect corn to hit all time highs with so much of it being used for ethanol production. W e have a two year stockpile of canned veggies and this year we will add a third. BUY SEEDS . I cant stress enough that food and water are more important then anything else. Yea, you need ammo and functional guns but you don't last very long without food. Wild animals are suffering in dry areas of this state. Fish populations are dying off in shallow lakes and trout streams here are too warm and we are seeing some die offs there as well. Weather is a serious factor in today's world. How we manage our resources, water and food will determine how long we last. KF

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Oh we have plenty of seeds. I save seeds every year. My peas this year, I planted over 200seeds, all ones I saved from last year, and I still got around 100 still left from last year. Plus we always end up buying seeds every year despite us saying we won't. That's why I love growing tomatoes, one fruit is your seeds for next year for each variety.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7