Food Shortage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waydah, Aug 3, 2019.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Killed first hog this morning, 438lbs 'live' weight. Didn't weigh the dressed halves trying to get it in the cooler quick before day got hot.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What if the plandemic was a way to sneakfully cut food waste in half like they are doing over in china but in a way no one would notice?
    Because the sit in restaurants create 1/3 of food waste and that has been wipedout.
    Now something like 40% of households are struggling to keep food on the table so they probably cut their food waste wayyyyy back.
    This is only going to get worse and it's not because of the plandemic.
    Phase 2 hits when the plandemic is over and they have to use another excuse because now the food shortages are worse, but at least they have a shit load of people conditioned to rationing (remember the 1 item per customer limitations) and waiting in line for food or to go into a grocery store.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  3. Sobospider

Sobospider Monkey

Here is what I have noticed over the last few months, not counting the panic buying hoarder stuff like TP, Ramen, and cleaning supplies. The selections of similar items (with random exceptions) seems to be decreasing overall, and the "faced" shelves are increasing disturbingly. Do you remember a few years ago when there was that dollar crash scare and all the Walmarts added an extra tier of shelving in stores to accommodate extra inventory stock? They took those out. The pallets of excess merchandise that used to clog up the main aisles? Gone unless you are there on restock day. Look at the shelves, not only is that out of reach shelf gone, but more and more of the shelves are just "faced" one or two items deep instead of filled to the back, and entire side aisles consisting of space wasting bulky products like plastic tote tubs, the classic seasonl item place holder, only there isn't anything new showing up.

I agree, the lag time for the actual shortages could be up to a year, personally I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see it here beyond restricted choice and higher prices. It is the poor countries that depend on the survival food staples that everyone else,myself included, is buying "just in case" that will suffer.

And prices are going up, my local Fred Meyers (Kroger) has been running a ton of sales, but the "sale" price is only fractionally cheaper then the old price, and when they rip the sale tag off the new price is higher. Also, the bags of sugar, while still being the same unit price are now 4lbs. instead of 5lbs.!

Gafarmboy and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

well there is another thread on here or maybe i read it on another site. Since the plandemic started, yea ole local city and state officials have been spending guberment money buying canned and dryied goods and stock piling so food shortages could be do to the government 'hoarding' im just saying that there maybe other reasons for increase pricing and 'shortages'

at the 1st of the plandemic the media accused consumers of hoarding, turns out lots of guberment agencies were buying supplies. The truth will out...

if memory serves Seattle alone purchased over 6.1 million dollars in dried and canned goods and stored it in a warehouse

5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

NOT surprised...

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That was here.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

im chalking it off to CRS disease thanks
    @oil pan 4

8. john316

john316 Monkey+++

1 SEPT 2020

SHELF LIFE...PEANUT BUTTER, SMUCKER’S NATURAL CREAMY in a glass jar, 6 years

27 AUGUST 2020….OPENED A JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER with a “BEST IF USED BY:” date of DEC 6,2015

OVER 4.5 YEARS PAST THE “BEST IF USED BY:” date

that is 2 years after they make it

the last jar I opened had the same date

TOOK A FEW MINUTES TO MIX THE OIL ON THE SURFACE BACK INTO THE PEANUT BUTTER

IT SMELLED GOOD,

IT TASTED GOOD,

IT IS GREAT

a 16 oz. Jar, 454 g, has 14 servings of 2 Tbsp (32g) with 8 g of protein

ONE OF THE BEST PROTEIN FOR LONG TERM STORAGE

RECAP

PEANUT BUTTER IN A PLASTIC JAR WOULD BE RANCID BY NOW

(ANYTHING IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER WILL HAVE SHORTER SHELF LIFE THAN A GLASS CONTAINER.)

arleigh, Ganado and Gafarmboy like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7