For a Glock 19:

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Nomad 2nd, Dec 10, 2007.

?
  1. AAC Evolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SWR Trident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. (Other) please list, and why.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Which would you choose and why?

Also is there a way to lock the slide?

Anyone got one/both?

2. weapons_762

weapons_762 Monkey+++

i think you have to have a slide lock put on extra, i know you do for 1911's or the ones i have seen

3. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm confused about the "lock the slide" question. Are you saying that with a can attached, the slide will not lock open with an empty mag?

As for model, I'm more impressed with the Evolution series. They are smaller in diameter leading me to believe they would work with a wider selection of sights. They are listed as being longer than the Trident series, but to work with a tilt barrel like a G19, one would need to purchase the Neilson device. This is an added expense which brings the price closer together. It also seems to me to be an extra piece that can be lost or damaged.

That being said, if one was to mount the same can on a weapon whose barrel did not tilt, the Trident would have the edge. It costs less, and could be mounted on a SMG/carbine (I believe?) without the added spacer that the Evolution would need. Again, an extra part that could be lost or damaged.

I believe that the dB ratings are close enough that you will never be able to tell the difference by your own ear. All of the above needs to be tempered against the following comment made by me:" I have an academic interest in this subject, but do not own, nor have fired, either of the models in question." If anyone with more knowledge could bring it to the table, it would be most appreciated.

I'm also curious why 9mm? .45ACP is easier to suppress as it does not break the speed of sound, therefore almost any load could be used. Not that I'm a .45 fan, in fact this might be the only time I would recommend the round (I'm gonna take a hit for that comment....[booze]). Since .45 is available in a Glock frame, why not go in that direction?

I'll be watching this one for a while,
    phishi

4. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I've been told:
    I was looking at 45, but the hole apparently makes 9mm better, cheaper, and
    have 1,000's of 9mm.

5. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

Nomad, are you sure you want something that loud? [troll]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMLrqTDaiA[/media]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary