For the forgotten

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by dystopia, Jan 24, 2012.

1. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

For all i know this thread will die. I've always tried to inculcate our families history into my children. The immigrant beginnings, the service of there uncles during world war 2 and and there grandfather during Korea and my own time in the military. But i've failed, at work i have told the young new hires of the stories of my uncles from europe of the artillery barrages and the fighters strafing them but all iget is blank stares. I'm writing this for the veterans who must feel alone. As long as i'm alive i won't forget those who served in the past or the present.

Sapper John likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Most Australians keep the eternal flame alive.

Most Australian born and educated people have at the very least a basic understanding of the conflicts that Australian sevicemen and servicewomen have served in. War heroes such as John Monash, Albert Jacka, John Simpson Kirkpatrick, and Roden Cutler, among others are national icons. Anzac Day (25th April) and Remembrance Day (11th November) are days that the cummunity in general celebrate their war veterans, and those who presently serve.

It is a pity that online gaming generation don't seem to make the connection between "Medal of Honour" and "Call of Duty" and the real men and women that fought in the conflicts that those games simulate.

I visit my local RSL (Returned Services League) club regularly and at 6pm each evening the lights dim, and The Ode is recited. At that time each day....those who have fallen are remembered.

John Monash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert Jacka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Simpson Kirkpatrick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roden Cutler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dystopia likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7