Forecast from 50 years ago

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by ghrit, May 29, 2009.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Now that had more truth in it than most Americans can remember, or for that matter, admit to!
    Very good!

3. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

ISM's and hyphens have ruined our nation.

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

It was gutless politicians that ruined this country.

Very good post, I remember this from Saturday cartoons .

5. The Expendable

There was a time, long before any of us were here, that our elected officials were farmers and merchants, and had a genuine desire to serve their neighbors and their country. After they went to Washington for four or six years they returned to their hometowns and their farms. Now politicians are usually smarmy lawyers who divide us into groups and play us against each other so they can remain in their lucrative positions of power.

6. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Do you really believe that???

I say the people at fault are the American public. Yep you, I and the rest of America. We continually vote for those gutless politicians, we don't hold there feet to the fire. Then when they have trashed the constitution, we re-elect them. Everybody wants someone elses freedoms restricted because their beleives are different from the others. Untill Americans start defending the rights of those that they disagree with there is no hope for freedom in the USA. [2c]

Of course when I used the the word you I was not talking about you in person but as a genral term ie...Americans in genral. ;)

OGM

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Agreed, OGM! IF we could come together, all of We The People, we could get the riffraff out of office, and return to the way it should be. But too any simply want the status quo, especially when the Libs have them on the Gravy Train of "entitlements". Many millions simply do not want to 'change'....... REAL change. Change to something truly better.
    Even among those who do work for a living, there are too many who enjoy the perks of one party or another.

The WORST thing this nation ever did was allow politics to become a paid profession.......
    I consider it far dirtier than simple whoring. At least she sends her johns away satisfied...... :D

8. The Expendable

OGM and SW, I agree with you both. I am only saying that now it seems as if the plebs have discovered that they can vote themselves bread and circuses. They will vote in those who will take from the "haves" and give to the "have nots". Read my post in the "From Pravda" thread.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7